undecided.

20.10.14

I'd like to think I'm a person that makes up my mind fairly quick. And that's usually the case, I'll be the one that's impatiently ticking their fingers as I wait for the rest of the party make up their mind on which burger they're going for. But while I make a lot of big life decisions in a throwing my hands up in the air 'ugh, f*ck it' kinda attitude, I've been known to torture my friends as I've umm-ed and ahh-ed over things for the longest time. The same goes to makeup products, I can usually make up my mind on if I'm adoring the product or not quite soon and stick to it. But then there are the ones that I'm teetering on the fence over. 


It's not a secret that I think the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is one the best buys in the drugstores for under eye concealing. But the foundation counterpart? I'm still not sure where I stand with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (£8.99) just yet. It's an extraordinary foundation, despite the price and the fact that it comes with a pump is worth so many heart balloons. But there's just something about the finish that makes this look almost, I don't know, too airbrushed? Too fake? The shimmery particles that are competing with a dimmed disco ball when in the packaging doesn't transfer when applied, but the glow effect is too all-around and makes me look like moon face. I suppose this would be better for those that have dry skin, or want to look really dewy.  

I'm teetering on the fence about cream shadows in general as well, I'm not a fan of finger application as I've ruined too many white t-shirts with the tendency to forget post-application cleanup. But the Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Shadow in Quartz has been teasing me the past half-year as I'm still nowhere close to deciding if I have positive or negative feelings for it. When swatched, it's the most gorgeous colour and the texture is creamier than any other cream shadow I've tried. But when I apply the actual product to my eyelids - there's just something lost in translation. Instead of the gorgeous metallic finish - it's almost a slight glitter finish. Ballet-era 9-year-old Daphne would've loved it, but present time me? I need to add a powder shadow over it to tone down the glitter-shimmers. 

Last but not least, I was more than excited when Jaye generously offered to lend me the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (£56). Crowned as the Holy Grail of powders by many people, I've swatched this powder countless times in Space NK. I walked away each time after feeling like I've stroked what could only be described as 'the kittens of powders' as there was not an inch of me that could justify that jaw-breaking price tag for what was essentially a setting powder. I've been tempted, don't get me wrong, but my bank balance was too stubborn to budge. After using it for a week straight, I can safely say that I'm not adding this into my stash any time soon. First things first, it's a really good setting powder, especially if you're prone to be heavy-handed. There was one time, for experiment's sake, I was trying to OD on the powder. It didn't work. And it does add a beautiful glow after application. But while it's nice, it's just that and really nothing more. It's not a wow product that could justify the price tag. My bank account is weeping tears of joy now. 

Do you have any products that you're undecided about yet? 

With Love, 
Daphne x

9 comments