seeing red

13.10.14

For some reason, a lot of my friends are red people. Red shoes, red blazers, red lipsticks, red shoes...you name it and I can give you a friend that has it. But I've never been a red person - the closest I've been to a red person was in my teenage years when I had the shortest fuse and would see red all the time. However, maybe from the influence of my red friends, I've been warming up to the colour. 

It all started with the dabble in red lipstick some months back as I celebrated the finish of my last uni exams. I think I've found my favourite red colour with Maybelline Color Sensational Bold Matte Lipstick in Mat 3. As this is an Asia-Exclusive line, I almost didn't want to share my love for this orange-based red on the blog. But I figured, there are some of you Asian peeps out there and this lipstick is just too beautiful to not bookmark for future reference. You can see me wearing it in this grainy instagram photo and it's easily one of my favourite reds. 

Another orange-based red (do you see a trend here?) that I haven't been able to stop wearing since getting it a while back is Rimmel Salon Pro by Kate in Hip Hop (£4.49). It's also a lot more wearable than a bold red lip on a daily basis. There's nothing to fault in this line, especially with the price point - I'm surprised that I didn't discover this colour earlier! 

I'm trying to get my life in order and until I do, faking it till I make it. I already have an agenda that I love, but seeing that I'm starting a new chapter in my life, I decided to start it with a new one as well. Who am I kidding? This Filofax Saffiano Personal Organizer in Poppy Red (£30) was just too gorgeous to not make an excuse for. Plus, my old one was only till the end of the year and I've been lusting after a proper filofax for years now. 

Last but not least, a deeper red that's a lot less wine-y in real life, I couldn't leave Zara without this Extra Soft Scarf (£17.99). Especially as it's amazing quality and could be used to brighten up my otherwise colourless winter outfits. No seriously, it's as the name says, extra soft. I may or may not have been guilty of snuggling in this even when it was nowhere near scarf-appropriate temperature. 

I never thought seeing red could be used in a positive term, but I'm channelling the red that I saw in my teenage years to a more radiant way. Are you a red person? What are your favourite red items? 

With Love, 
Daphne x

15 comments