the foreign ones

6.10.14

I've been around the world - in fact, I've been to five of the seven continents. I like to flip through all the passports I've had in the past to look at all the different custom stamps. Sadly, opposite to my travel history, my makeup collection is pretty confined to several countries. That said, there are a couple foreign ones in my collection that have really impressed me and pushing me to look outside the box.

I've been wanting to try the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil since I've known about it. But with a stutter-worthy price tag, I've never made the splurge. I randomly saw a comment on how people related the likes of the Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil to be a dupe for the Hourglass offering, I knew I had to check it out myself. Offering six shades at less than £3, the offering from the Korean-brand really impressed me. Waxy, easy to use, and a ridiculously good staying powder, I've curbed the urge to spend £26 on an eyebrow pencil. The only problem? I think I might need to get my mum to send me a couple more over as a backup.
[Agnes b. | Heme]
Having a friend that was as makeup crazed as I am and was making best of her time to trek around Europe when she was doing a semester in Paris (hi, Litta!), I had a little mashup of products as my birthday present. All I can say is that she knows me too well, probably even better than myself, as all the products she picked for me impressed me to no end. 

Starting with the Agnes b. Le Brillant b. Glossy! lipstick in Cherry Glossy. A beautiful coral lipstick that is stunning in packaging and product. No seriously, look at how sleek and chic the tube is. This quickly became one of my go to colours as the colour payoff was amazing as it glided on upon application. As it is a glossy finish, the wear time is around 3ish hours, however, it does fade evenly and leaves behind a stain. 

The other product she picked out for me that I've been immensely loving is the from the Dutch brand, Hema Satin Blush Powder, I have mine in shade 08 - a beautiful rose flush. Insanely pigmented and soft to the touch, I've been opting for this over the that of Tarte and Rimmel Santa Rose.

I tend to stick to brands that I know when it comes to makeup. Even when I'm abroad, I don't stray too far away from what I'm familiar to. I think it's just the fear that I'm going to be wasting my money on things I'm not sure of. But with these opening the pathway, I think I need to be more brave when it comes to the lesser known makeup brands from all over the globe. 

With Love, 
Daphne x


P.S. Honest time because this has been bugging me since I moved - which background do you guys like better? The white or the wood detail one that I'm currently using? I just think that the new background is so dark. 

17 comments