[the update] dinosaurs and primrose hill

5.10.14



 Eek! I start school again tomorrow! I'm equal parts nervous and excited, especially as this year is going to be intense - even more so than last year as I'll actually get a degree this time round. The past week was induction week and I've been bombarded with a tonne of information, I can't imagine what it's like for the students that also have to get used to the school. I've finished my course selection and fingers crossed I'll be able to articulate my thoughts during the initial dissertation interview later this week. But before then, let's go back and see what I've been up to the past couple weeks. 

In short, I've been enjoying the last of my break before I have to hit the ground running with school. I finally got to go to the National History Museum on a spontaneous last Friday afternoon. I've loved visiting Natural History Museums since I was a kid and have always made it a top destination when visiting a new city that has one. Dinosaurs never get old, and it's never just a T-Rex model. I also had a great time seeing the preservations of animals in jars, there's just something morbidly fascinating about it. I know, I'm in the wrong major, I should've done bio-science. But it was also hilarious to see my friend squirming in the taxidermy halls. 
What would a week be without catching up with Jaye? After months of talking about it, we finally went to Honest Burgers and I think it's safe to say that Jaye enjoyed her HB maiden voyage. Of course, it was inevitable that we did damage to our bank balances as we ducked in and out of Oxford Street. Basically, I'm living the rest of the month avoiding shops of any kind. 
Enjoying the gorgeous weather that London has been blessing the last of my summer with, I've been taking advantage of living within walking distance of Primrose Hill - my favourite location in London. Kindle in hand, I've enjoyed a couple afternoons re-reading old favourites and just enjoying the tranquility. There's not going to be much of that left once tomorrow rolls around. 

Also sharing some posts loves from the past week: 
How to do come hither eyes (Bloomin' Rouge) | 24 Reasons to Celebrate (Cups & Roses) | The Period Edit (Bed in the Kitchen) | How to Wear All Black Without Wearing All Black (Un-Fancy)
Basically it's been a quiet couple weeks, but I'm not complaining as things are definitely about to change. What have you been up to lately? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

4 comments