on trial: the skin care newbies #2

1.10.14

My skin is more temperamental than a teenager, but luckily, it's also slightly easier to calm down. Or at least get things more or less under control. I don't repurchase a lot of products because I get bored of them, and that applies to skincare. But unlike makeup, when it comes to switching up skincare, it's always going to fall within a brand I'm similar to, and possibly the same range. 

After using a couple of products from The Body Shop Tea Tree range and especially falling in love with The Body Shop Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Wash, I decided to switch things up and purchase The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser (£5). I distinctly remember using this when I was in my younger years and liking it back then, but that was back in the summers of Taiwan when my skin was as oily as a fried egg. Now that my skin is more on the combination/normal side, this is slightly too stripping. But it's not too bad and definitely paired with the Tea Tree Night Lotion (£9) does a fantastic job at soothing the furious spots. 

La Roche Posay's Effaclar range has been a firm favourite of mine for the past year. Targeted towards blemish-prone skin, I'm already on the second tube of the Effaclar Duo. I decided to expand testing on the other products in the line, in particular the two products in their new 3-Step Anti-Blemish System (£32.50). I've been using the Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser* for around two weeks every morning and dare I say it, this might be a strong competitor against The Body Shop Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Wash for my favourite cleanser. I don't use a lot of gel cleansers as they tend to dry out my skin, but LRP's offering is not in any way stripping and leaves the skin feeling amazing. I've seen the Effaclar Clarifying Toner* in shops back in Asia, but never had the chance to try it out. Now that the brand has brought it over to Europe, I was glad to finally give it a go. While I'm a firm believer in toner, I haven't been able to put a finger on the effects of most toners I've tried - I can only tell the difference on the days that I skipped the step. However, with this toner, I'm almost able to put a finger on the difference when applying. I have another three other toners open at the moment, but since the Effaclar Toner joined in rotation, the others haven't been touched once. 

I'm quite happy with my skincare routine at the moment, especially with the addition of these products. If there's one product that I would have to recommend from the four, it would definitely have to be La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel Cleanser. What skin care products do you have on trial at the moment? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

15 comments