sephora happened.

11.10.14

I'm definitely going on a spending ban. I am definitely broke. I definitely do not need any new makeup. I definitely am not going to be persuaded to join in on a cross-Atlantic beauty haul. Oh, the lies I tell myself. But yes, there was a lapse in sanity as I decided to once again, throwing all caution to the wind, join in with Jaye's Sephora haul. I told you this girl's terrible for my bank balance. Anyway, instead of the whole 'tree falling and no one around to hear it' 'sweep it under the rug' approach, I decided to dedicate my 300th post to the cross-Atlantic new kids. (I know, THREE HUNDRED POSTS - this is how much I ramble on and on about pretty things) 

In memory of another Jaye-related haul, I had to add the Bite Beauty Neutral Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo on the list. She raves about the brand in general and I think, if I'm not mistaken, this tiny lipstick twin was the one that launched the obsession. Musk, the darker of the two shades, is a brown-based rosy pink and Lychee is a lighter pink. I haven't worn them enough to give a full opinion, but they are really comfortable to wear and perfect for the low maintenance days. Plus, it's the tiniest and most adorable thing ever. 

But the main focus of the haul is the Kat Von D Monarch Palette. Just look at how gorgeous it is and tell me you could resist your 500th neutral palette. No seriously though, ever since I got hooked on the reruns of LA Ink a couple years back, I've been borderline obsessed with her. And with confirmation from Jaye who did a swatch-fest of the eyeshadows when she was gallivanting in New York some months back, it didn't take much to convince me to get this palette. I love the smartly designed different quantities of eyeshadows, and yes, these are even softer and more pigmented than anything I own. I'll have a review of this in the near future so I won't give too much here. Also because so far, I've only drooled over how gorgeous the palette is and haven't actually gotten around to using it...

Sephora never looks that expensive when exchanging the prices into GBP, but I'm telling you, the taxes and shipping fees are tearful. But this haul? So worth skipping a couple meals for. (sorry, Annie!)  
With Love, 
Daphne x

27 comments