[the newbies] the outlet justification

2.5.14

Let's get this out first, I'm on a tight budget for the moment. Or rather, I'm supposed to be on a tight budget. But as a person that has no impulse control and let loose in a cosmetics outlet alongside another friend that has no intention of stopping me from going into debt, ahem Jaye, well, damage happens. 

After a full browse in the outlet and taking off swatches on the back of my hand a good dozen times, I finally managed to part ways with only two products. The Smashbox Heat Wave Palette seemed to be all over the blogsphere last summer, and it's not hard to see why. The quality is top notch, smooth, soft and just divine; even the matte shades are on par with my beloved Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. At first glance, the colours seem too well, colourful and hard to wear. But they're actually quite easy to wear, even the gorgeous coral shade second from the right on the top row. I've been experimenting with this palette the past several days and so far, there hasn't been a shade that I've yet to use. This is one of those palettes that I'd get more use out of than I initially thought I would. 

The second product I initially hesitated on purchasing. While I have my fair amount of cream eyeshadows, I don't tend to reach for them that often as I'm not the biggest fan of using my fingers. But after swatching the Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Shadow in Quartz - a beautiful light taupe, almost champagne shade - I knew I couldn't leave the store without it. The texture of the cream shadows remind me of the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows that I do adore. I'm definitely going to have to start using cream eyeshadows more as I have a couple too many shades that are gorgeous but sitting there unloved. 

I'm as broke as humpty dumpty and really shouldn't be doing any shopping, but between a convincing friend and the outlet prices, well, technically, I'm saving money right? Let me live in my denial, please. 
post signature

16 comments