[the face] 23.

7.5.14

Happy birthday to me! Some people like to go out and party all night (and maybe day) for their birthday. Me? I'm the kinda girl that'll be happy with night in with friends and maybe grab a dinner with friends. But all in all, it's a pretty relax and laid back kinda day. The makeup reflects that day, so it'll seem kinda bland and simple as I don't rock the usual birthday red lip or smoky eye look. But I thought some of you would still want to see this, and also, consider this an updated everyday makeup look. 

There's nothing complex about this look. I've been reaching for the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation in fair-light honey for a quick and simple base.  While I still have some blemishes that can't be covered, the effort can't be bothered these days when I'm battling between revision and spending time with friends. However, the dreaded under eye circles are still concealed by my trusty Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. Using a bit of The Body Shop Honey Bronzer for some light contouring and the prettiest peach blush - Clinique Peach Pop - to add some colour back into the face, I then go in with my new favourite makeup item (and an early birthday gift from Jaye!), theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer to add some serious glow to the top of my cheekbones. As once a girl that would be 500 ft away from anything glowy, I'm loving the highlighted sheen. 

For brows, it's of course, going to be the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade, natural looking, quick and won't budge throughout the day? Yes, please! Most people start storing eyeliner away for the warmer months, but I think I'm counteracting that movement. For the past month, the eye look has been pretty consistent. Taking a mix of the Foxy and W.O.S from the Urban Decay Naked Basics all over the lid, I then take the ashy, taupe Naked 2 shade into the crease to add some definition. Then I smudge my favourite eyeliner, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in Bronze on my top and lower lash line, adding a bit more soft smoky definition without being overboard. Adding some of the Nude eyeliner from the same line into the waterline, a quick curl and a coat of L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara later, I'm done with the look. 

I don't tend to reach for a lip colour on days I know I'm just going to spend eating away - and for my birthday, that's exactly what I have planned. 
This time last year, I had Taylor Swift's 22 playing in my head all day. I was also fortunate enough to be able to spend that birthday in the city I grew up in. This year, there isn't a song, but I'm surrounded by new and old friends in a new city. I couldn't ask for anything better. 
post signature

10 comments