Currently Loving #10

25.5.14

Another week has gone by and I'm starting to understand how confusing the English weather is. In the past couple days, I've experienced thunderstorm to sunny 'like nothing ever happened' kinda day within short hours. It keeps me on my toes.

I've been falling in love with some old favourites, especially the MAC Powerpoint Eyeliner in Stubborn Brown (£14). I used to love this and would draw thick lines around my eyes thinking I looked like the Olsen Twins. I've been reaching for this again as I've gone back into my eyeliner phase and both my beloved Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajals needed replacing. As it's just a pencil, it's harder to smudge than the usual kohl pencils, but it will stay put after smudging out and won't transfer to the lids after hours of wear. I've also been lining my waterline with this these days and I've forgotten how much I love the dark-rimmed look. 

I know I put the Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in Santa Rose (£3.99) in my last Currently Loving post, and I should probably just go ahead and move it to a monthly favourites product (which I probably will), but in the meantime, this is how much I love this blush. 

I knew I had to pick up the Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish in Round and Round the Garden (£3.69) after reading Natalie's rave about it. A muted, greyish green that doesn't look like anything extraordinary in the bottle, this is a shade that I would've otherwise never paid attention to. It's such an underrated shade as it looks absolutely beautiful on the nails, it's sophisticated while being whimsy; neutral but coloured; acceptable for any season while being perfect for spring.

I've been on the hunt to find my 'signature scent' for a while now, but not knowing a darn thing about perfumes and fragrances in general, I didn't know where to start. But in the past week, I've been finding myself reaching for the Terry de Gunzburg Reve Opulent Eau De Perfume* (full size £68). According to the official description, there's gardenia, jasmine, rose, orange blossom, ylang ylang and cinnamon. I don't know about that and just from reading the description, I didn't think I'd like it, but I flippin do. I've yet to master or even set foot in the realm of describing how things smell, but I guess it's fresh, slightly floral with a bit of spunk. This is how much of a layman I am to scents. I'm still on the quest for finding the scent, so if you have any favourites or any tips on how to do that, I'm all ears.

That's it for now, babes. Another week has gone by and I'm counting the days till I go on vacation. For the meantime, let me dream of vacation while I try to get through the last weeks of term. What have you been loving lately? 

post signature

16 comments