the transatlantic birthday box

5.5.14

This week, I'll be seeing how much I can squeeze out of my birthday week. To kick things off, let's start with the amazing transatlantic birthday gift that arrived a couple weeks ago. If you follow me on twitter, then the crazy conversations between Vanessa and I shouldn't be strange. Even if you don't, then her enthusiastic comments on almost every post should be able to catch your attention. She was one of the first people that started reading this blog back when it still had a culinary name - which we bonded over. After finding out that I had an impending birthday, she sent over a box crammed with all sorts of goodies to help soothe the depression of another year passing. 


I had tried some Wet 'n Wild eyeshadows before but was never able to get my hands on the infamous trios. So guess my excitement upon finding not one, but three of the trios in the box. I've been loving Sweet As Candy the most as that purple shade is gorgeous. Walking on Eggshells is another gorgeous palette that's like the toned down version of Sweet As Candy. As fellow taupe lovers, Vanessa wasn't joking when she said that the eyelid taupe shade in Silent Treatment curbed her urge to splurge on MAC Satin Taupe as it's gorgeous! I haven't swatched the two shades side by side as of date, but upon first glance, they're quite similar. She also included a single WnW eyeshadow in Creme Brulee, which reminds me of the MAC shade under the same name. The only difference is that the WnW offering is getting a lot more love from me as the quality is much softer and buttery than the MAC eyeshadow. 

Dubbed as the crazy blush lady by yours truly, Vanessa of course, included an abundant amount of blushes. I'm wondering if this girlie cleaned the WnW shelves at her drugstore as she also included another Wet 'n Wild product, this time a blush in Mellow Wine. A gorgeous dusty rose shade that's insanely pigmented, I'm jealous of all you North Americans that have access to this brand. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso is another product that I've been wanting to try and oh my lordie, it is gorgeous. It's every bit the hype and more. A perfect peachy blush that has a gorgeous sheen, I've pretty much been wearing this blush ever since getting it. I had mentioned that despite her review, I wanted to try the Tarte Natural Cheek Stains. After reading her apology for sending me possibly expired makeup, I was giddy when I pulled this out of the box. So far, I'm absolutely loving the cheek stains. I guess it was meant to be. 

Another thing that Vanessa and I bond over (other than TV shows and hot men) is our shared love for citrus scents. So after drooling over the Bath and Body Works Lemon Mint Leaf Candle on her blog, I literally squealed when I found the thing that was weighing down the package. I've only burned it once as I'm trying to save it for special days, but I will tell you this, if you love a refreshing, pick me up scent, this is for you! 

She also included packets of tea, as we're all people that would rather spend Friday nights curled up with a book (or netflix), rather than go out. I've still yet to try the infamous David's Tea, but the packaging is adorable! 

If you've never checked out Vanessa's blog, then I strongly urge you to. Not only is she hilarious, the photography and her blush collection is drool-worthy. My favourite posts from her are The Photography Edit that taught me how to use the curves tool and her post on top four drugstore/highend blush picks, if there's one person to go to for blush recommendations, it's this girlie right here. 

post signature

21 comments