the everyday storage

9.5.14

I am the kind of person that has almost everything scattered everywhere. Surprisingly, I'm still pretty much organized, as in I know where the thing I want is in the mess. Or at least most of the time. The same goes for my makeup - but scrambling around to get a blush that's on the bed and a foundation on the closet shelf isn't the most time-saving thing, especially on mornings when I've hit the snooze button several too many times. 

Ever since picking up this acrylic makeup organizer, I've been a lot more organized and have cut down an impressive amount of time. I try to do a weekly rotation on the products in the storage as I'm trying to go through my mahoosive makeup stash to try and weed out the weaklings. The only section that doesn't go through rotation is the lipstick jungle you see there - I already have my most used seasonal colours out. I don't keep eyeshadow palettes in the actual storage as you can see from the photo above, I just tend to bookend them between the storage and the wall. 


A quick rundown of the products that are currently in this week's rotation: 

-Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation 
-Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation 
-YSL Touche Eclat Foundation (sample) 
-Bobbi Brown Corrector 
-Seventeen Phwoarr Paint 
-Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer 
-Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer 
-Bourjois Healthy Balance Compact 
-Topshop Glow Cream Highlight 
-Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade 
-Too Faced Shadow Insurance 
-NARS Pro Prime 
-L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara 
-Tarte Cheek Stains in Blissful 
-theBalm How 'Bout Them Apples - Pie (sample) 
-Milani Baked Blush - Luminoso 
-Sephora #45 Brush 
-Real Techniques Expert Face Brush 
-Real Techniques Stippling Brush 
-Blank Canvas Cosmetics E26 Blending Brush 
-Sigma E30 
-Bobbi Brown Brow Brush 
-Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers 

I'm not going to do a rundown on the lipsticks as they don't really go on rotation. But just from the list above, this storage unit is like the TARDIS - bigger on the inside! I never knew that I could stick so many products into such a tiny thing. 
Do you have an everyday makeup storage unit? What's in it? 
post signature

10 comments