currently loving #9

11.5.14

Let's get the pesky announcement out of the way first - there will be scheduling changes in the next several weeks as revision/exam stress is starting to hit me. Hard. So instead of four times a week, the schedule will be changed to Tuesday, Friday, and hopefully, the regular Sunday posts. I'll try to keep up with everything, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. #schoolstress #startstudyingearlierkids 

Anyway, that out of the way, let's get onto the fun stuff. My makeup has been fairly simple recently. There are days when I don't even reach for a base. I know, me? A base freak won't reach for a base??? Considering most days I'll come across another living being once in a couple of days, I'm just too lazy to slather my face in a veil of foundation. However, for the pesky spots that love to fiesta when exams roll around, I've been reaching for the Makeup Forever Full Coverage Concealer to do some quick spot concealing. Only a tiny amount of this is needed to disguise those icky red spots and it's easy to blend out, perfect for the 'I can't be bothered' days. 

I've had the Rimmel Santa Rose Blush for a while now but keep forgetting about it because of the tiny packaging. It always seems to be swallowed in my sea of makeup. But ever since I dug it out from under my other blushes, I've been reaching for this iconic shade. A boring-looking peachy pink in the pan, it is absolutely beautiful when applied. It gives a hint of colour and just enough sheen to bring back life into a dull, textbook defeated face. 

Eye makeup is always my niche. I love it. But even for someone that'll use 4 different eyeshadows on almost a daily basis, I've been starting to forego that and have been sticking to the basics - eyeliner and mascara. I'm more of an eyeliner girl when spring/summer rolls around, surprisingly enough. I've tooted the horn for the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajals a good half dozen times before (review here), and the offering in Bronze has been my eye makeup choice as of the last several weeks. Applied and smudged on the lower and upper lash line, instant definition right there. Best thing? This can be achieved within seconds, even on four hours of sleep and before coffee. I've been adoring the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara (review here) for simple eye makeup days as it flutters out the lashes beautifully and adding some slight volume. This mascara has been getting a lot of love from me lately, mostly because on days when I tend to do a heavier eye look, the effect of this mascara just doesn't cut it. 

There has been some makeup rotation as of late, but mostly, I'm keeping it simple. Now if someone is willing to invent a scanner brain and install it in me in the next 48 hours, it would be much appreciated. 
post signature

22 comments