on trial: the skin care newbies

20.5.14

It's not often that I add new skincare products into my routine. I'm quite blemish prone so when I find something that works, I'm terrified to swap things out for fear that I set off the fiesta I managed to wrangle under control. That said, I got into a skincare dump a while back and decided to test out a couple of new products. 

I've been testing out the Lancôme Galatéis Douceur* (£23), which essentially is a cleansing lotion. As I haven't been wearing much makeup lately, I've actually been enjoying taking off my makeup with this. After a couple of pumps and a massage into the skin like I'm applying moisturizer, I take a clean cotton pad to wipe away the product along with my makeup. What I love best is the coolness of the lotion that has a calming and soothing sensation, I can foresee this being a summer favourite.

If you were reading my humble blog at the beginning of the year, you'll remember that I hauled the Vichy Normaderm 3-in-1 (£11) back from Paris (read here). You know those days when you feel like none of your cleansers are working and you just need a change? Yeah. I dug this out from the depth of the cabinets a couple weeks back when that happened. It's a really funny product, somewhat clay-based, it can be used as a cleanser, a scrub, and a mask. As someone that forgets to exfoliate on a regular basis, the beads in this aren't too gritty and is gentle enough to use every morning. I've yet to try it as a face mask, but the clay component in it is great at cleansing my icky pores. 

I've always been quite intrigued by the twist capsule serums, they're like little aliens with antennas (sorry, wild imagination)! The Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Gold Ultra Restorative Capsules Intensive Treatment* (£46) was first in this generation, if I'm not mistaken. I haven't been using this long enough to give a full review, but so far, I've been waking up with glowing skin that I'm pretty sure is because of these gold beads. I'm going to have to use this longer to see if it can par with my beloved Estee Lauder ANR, it's going to be a fun competition. 

I love my Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleansing Masque (review here), so you can imagine how excited I was when I got the Aesop Chamomile Concentrate Blemish Mask (£33) from the lovely Annie for my birthday. I've stolen this from her enough times to know that my skin loves it and it's a great blemish assassin. Unlike the Parsley Seed, I don't use the Chamomile Mask all over as it tends to be too strong, but as a spot treatment, this is glorious. The only fault that I have is that it's in a tub, I'd much more prefer the tube method as it's more hygienic - however, I've been taking to use a flat foundation brush, which should be a lot cleaner than my grubby fingers. 

That's what I've been switching up lately, in terms of skincare. I guess it's the change in season that brought it up, but either way, my skin is pretty happy. Or as happy as it can be considering the circumstances *cough* revision, exams *cough*. 

Have you been switching up your skincare routine? What have you been using?  


post signature

12 comments