the five minute face

27.5.14

I'm sure you guys are already sick of me talking about this, but exams. As this post goes up, I'll be preparing to go into the room to take my first exam of my last year of uni. Nerve-wrecking much? As a result of revision and trying to get in as much sleep as possible, my makeup routine has been crammed down to 5 minutes to try to look awake and composed. 

The Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation (review) has been a life-saver for the past weeks, a quick buff into the skin with my Sephora Mineral Powder brush, it evens out my skintone and looks amazing despite not using any concealer over the top. It's nowhere near flawless as some of my blemish scars still peek through, but flawless skin is not a priority when trying to argue if prison works. That said, concealing undereye circles is something that I can't not do. I mean, if I trick myself into thinking that I've had enough sleep, then it can only do me good, eh? The Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer (£7.99) has been my choice as of late as it's ridiculously easy to blend while highlighting the under eye area. 

To add some colour back into the face, I've been switching between Rimmel Santa Rose and the Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. On days when I'm feeling a bit dull and need a perk (read: exam days), I reach for the later as the highlighting sheen gives me the lift I need while adding life and colour back into the face. 

Brows are definitely a must for me. The Topshop Brow Pencil (£6) isn't the fastest way for me to fill in my brows, but the colour is spot on and I'm trying to use it up. I've been skipping eyeshadow lately *shock horror* and have gone back into my eyeliner phase. The Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in Bronze (£3.99) is no stranger to you guys as I talk about it too often. But a smudge of this on the top and bottom lash line and you get a defined but lived in soft look - so chic, if I can say so myself. A curl of the lashes and generous coats of L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara (£8.99), then the look is done. 

If you want an even more put together 'I spent hours that I can't afford on this' kinda look, then you could also throw on a lip colour, but as I spend lots of time picking at my lip and drinking/eating under stress, I leave my lips bare or only of lip balm. 

A six product face that's done within minutes, it's ridiculous how put together the result looks. Do you have a five minute face routine?  
post signature

28 comments