[The Review] Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal

3.3.14

I've had this post sitting in my drafts for weeks now. It's been begging to be written but I keep putting it off as I feel I can't do these eyeliners justice. After getting through my punk rock/gothic phase a couple years ago, I was never a huge eyeliner girl. But like all stories there's a twist and it came in when the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajals came into my life. 

Judging from the stub that I have left from the second Nude that I've owned, it's definitely saying something as I can count the times I've actually finished an eyeliner. Needless to say, it's been only one or two accounts where I've repurchased a liner. I've composed numerous symphonies about how amazing this Nude eyeliner is on the blog so I'm not going to ramble too much about it. But I'm just going to say, if you don't yet own this, then you're missing something wonderful in your life.

Taupe and Bronze are the recent additions to the collections and I've been getting a lot of use with them. The Bronze offering is perfect for lining the upper and lower lash line, slightly smudging it in to give that bronzed haze around the eyes. It's not too dark for a school friendly look, but it's not too natural to make people wonder if you're wearing makeup. Taupe on the other hand is my favorite makeup product on the days when I'm only opting for mascara and no eyeshadow. I'm the kind of person that needs a little something on my lower lash line as long as I put on concealer. This pencil creates that perfect shadow definition when smudged along the lower lash line. 
These eyeliners are amazing in quality, I've heard that they've been compared to the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but as I've never tried the more expensive offering before, I can't really say. But of the handful of eyeliners that I've tried, from MAC to NARS; from Maybelline to L'Oreal, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal beats them all out of the park. When used on the waterline, it tends to fade over an hour or so, but that's comparing to all the other offerings that become invisible after a quarter hour. One of the most affordable eyeliners on the market, you definitely can't go wrong with snatching one (or a couple!) up! 
Have you tried the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajals before? 
post signature

2 comments