perfection is the name of the lovechild.

17.3.14

I'm a base freak. I love collecting bases. But trying to at least act like a sane person, I'm restraining myself from ticking every product off the wishlist. However, unfortunately, I'm also the kind of person that gets stuck in a rut quite often. Recently, between healing spot-scarring and already cleared skin, I'm in that awkward session of amazing skin in the majority of places, and then there's the scarred chin and cheek(s). Instead of taking time to dope up on the concealer, or breaking the bank to buy yet another unwarranted foundation, I decided to play matchmaker and married two of my favorite bases with a sensational lovechild. 

The Jouer Matte Moisture Tint has been a firm favorite since I got my stubby fingers on it. Alone, it has decent coverage, but not enough for me to skip concealer. On the whole other side of the spectrum and another firm favorite, the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation has too much coverage that covers up the clear skin I'm so proud of. It's also a shade too dark for this time of the year. 

Well, combine one crafty morning and a foundation rut, two dollops of each on the back of the hand, mixed up and applied, voila! Best of both worlds right there! Both of these foundations already had the technology to have that skin-like finish each on its own, but combined, you have the lightness of the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint and the coverage and oil-control of the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. A quick application of under eye concealer and setting just that and not even the whole face, and there's a easy, fast base finished right there. Perfect for the rushed mornings I'm experiencing at the moment! 

Do you like to play matchmaker with your products? 
post signature

10 comments