[the newbies] decaying away my bank account

31.3.14

Otherwise known as the 'darn it, Jaye! Why did I go through your makeup stash thinking I wouldn't come out with a massive wish list' and well, knowing my lack of impulse control when it comes to a good voucher code...well, this little slip happened.
The amount of times that the Urban Decay Revolutionary Lipstick in Fiend has showed up on the blog the past couple of weeks is ridiculous. This line caught my attention since its release last year and after swatching it in stores a couple months back, I was sold. But I didn't need a new lipstick. I couldn't justify a new lipstick. And then of course, after keeping Jaye's for a week, I knew I needed this. Fiend is a mauvey-rose shade, that goes with everything. It's the everyday shade I've been reaching for in the past couple of weeks. Shade-wise, it's a slightly pinker version of Revlon JBKBS in Honey, another one of my favorite lip products. I love the packaging of this a lot more than the MAC lipsticks, and dare I say, if I had to choose, it would be Urban Decay over MAC. The lipsticks are ridiculously creamy and opaque with one swipe. But the best thing? You'd think that this would fade quickly or slip and slide because of the formula, but nope. It stays put. 

Compared to the Nakeds, there isn't that much hype around the Urban Decay Smoked Palette. I first saw this featured in Jaye's Top 5 Eyeshadow Palettes post but while the jewel tones kept tempting me, I wasn't ready to splurge £36 on something I wasn't sure I'd use. And then I went to Jaye's house and during my swatch frenzy (frenzy is the right word, I had to wipe down the back of my hands various times) I accidentally swatched these. Well, I only swatched the Mushroom shade to be exact and after leaving, it was the one palette that kept nagging me. I wanted this palette, I needed this palette. And so with my lack of impulse control, this was the thing that initiated this buy. Even Jaye was a bit surprised at my quick purchase on this, You didn't even take this home to try! were her exact words. But oh my, the shades are gorgeous and the formula! Oh the formula! They're even softer and more buttery than my Naked 3. I've been using the golden-brown Barlust shade all over with a little bit of inner corner highlight 4 out of 5 days, and have gotten compliments each time. Even from the flatmate that doesn't usually notice anything that isn't economics or burgers. That's telling you something right there. 

Although I'm still blaming this ban-breaking haul on Jaye, I can't say I regret anything from this purchase. Especially since I saved a shed load of them with a really good voucher code. Have you bought anything that you can blame on a friend lately? 
post signature

11 comments