i'm sorry, i've moved on.

7.3.14

Time changes people. It's a fact. We move on, hopefully for something better. What I used to love a year ago sometimes just isn't cutting it for me anymore. It's not that they're bad, I've just changed and moved on for something better.

Once upon a time, the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder was a product that I couldn't live without (okay, maybe a slight exaggeration, but you get what I mean). It was perfect for controlling oil, it was finely milled, it was transparent. Other than the flimsy packaging, it was perfection. But then I moved and my skin changed, I'm no where near as oily as I was when I was back in Taiwan, and suddenly, this product was too much. It was drying my skin out, it started looking cakey, and after trying other powders, I realized this wasn't as finely milled as I once thought it was. Instead taking place for this drugstore powder is the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder to oil control while setting everything in place.

Another with a similar story is the Benefit Boi-ing Concealer. It was once my go-to for covering blemishes and with slightly more work, I could use it for my under eye circles. But again, when my skin started to be more normal/combination and less oily, I started realizing that this concealer was too drying and was starting to cling to the desert patches. I've then found the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint that's just as high coverage, but with a creamier texture that is more suited for my skin type at the moment.

I guess I've been getting better with my skincare routine as my skin is no where as dehydrated as it once was. Back then, the Origins Drink Up Intensive was a skin saviour. I'd apply this twice a week to plump the water back into my skin and bring back some glow. But ever since introducing facial oils into the skin care routine, this overnight mask is nothing more than a yummy-smelling moisturizer to me. I'm still keeping this one around for those long haul flights, but on a day to day basis? Sorry buddy, I've moved on. 

Last but not least, the famous Batiste Dry Shampoo. I never understood what people meant when they said that this dry shampoo left a white casting before. Sure, there was a slight grey tint, but wasn't that normal? Other than that, it did everything that I thought dry shampoo was supposed to do - clean, lift, texturize. But since discovering the Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo and Dove Style + Care Dry Shampoo, I've realized that I don't need to settle for something that would leave behind a grey tint when I can have something better
It's easy to look at the past and wonder what I was thinking at the time. But of course, everything is always 20/20 in hindsight. People change with time and people move on, products that you've once loved could be soon cast away when you find something better. Don't settle, strive for something better. 
Are there any products that you've moved on from? 
post signature

10 comments