The Liebster Blog Awards

23.6.13

I want to thank Katie for nominating for the Liebster Blog Awards! Definitely go check out her blog, especially if you're into the Korean trend! She listed 10 questions for me to answer, so read on to find out my answers, the people I'm nominating for the awards, and my questions for them! 


Rules
You must link back the person who nominated you. 
You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you. 
You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers . 
You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer. 
You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.


1. Grab your bag and pick 3 things out of it! What are they and why are they in there?
I switch around my bags quite a lot and currently as I'm typing this at a local coffee shop, I only have a minimal amount of things in my backpack so while most of my things were scattered over the coffee table (read: ipod, travel mug, and computer), the three things I pulled out of my bag were: 
Wallet
I don't think that I would've been able to sit in this comfy coffee shop for the past couple hours and enjoy my latte with a slice of chocolate cake if I didn't bring along my wallet... 
Monthly Planner
When I swap bags, this always comes with. I'm still old fashioned and likes to schedule with a pen on paper. A weekly planner is definitely a better way to go, but as I ran out and I couldn't find the blank weekly planners from Muji anymore, I'm stuck with using my monthly planner. 
Les Mis
I said minimal amount of things. Not minimal weight. Yes, I'm half crazy to be hauling around The Brick but it's a really good book and I just finished my exams so I finally have the time to properly sit down and read it. 
(On another note, are you guys interested in seeing what's in my bag?)

2. Do you have any regrets in your life? Is there anything you would have done differently?
Do I have any regrets in my life! 9 out of 10 decisions are me throwing up me hands and thinking, "F*ck it!" I try to make plans some times but still mostly end up winging it. So probably because of that,  several nights a week, I lay staring at the ceiling at three in the morning, cringing at the life choices I've made and wishing that I could go back and redo it all over again. Although they do say that the choices that you've made in the past is what builds up to who you are today, and I freaking love who I am today, there has been one choice that I made in high school that still has me tossing and turning and wondering if I would love myself even more if I made the different choice and placed my head over my heart. 
I just made it sound like I was in a really horrible relationship in high school. No. We have to make a decision in 10th grade that will split us into the social sciences group or the science group, which will basically decide what we will major in in the future. My head told me to choose the later, but I followed my heart and chose to study political sciences. Fast forward to now, I've finished my studies in law and I'm wondering if I would be more happy if I studied bio-chem, or psychology. 
You don't get a redo button in life, and you have to live with the choices you made. What If is one of the most dangerous phrases as there's an infinity of those and only one of reality. You can blame the past choices and you can regret them, but I find it easier to just try and live with the decisions already done and make the most of it. Because while the past is done, the future is open to possibilities. 

3. Give one tip to your readers that sums up your philosophy/beliefs!
It's going to sound completely cliche, but Be Happy are the two words I live by. I've had a pretty fortunate life and a loving family, but I've hated myself before and been to dark dark places that I never want to see again. After the clouds cleared, I looked back and decided that I didn't want to be like that anymore. So now, while I do have really bad days and times when I feel like there's nothing good going on and the future is bleaker than a gloomy winter day that has grey, mucky snow and a veil of polluted fog, I let myself wallow a bit, and then I force myself to be happy: by eating a slice of chocolate cake, watching 27 Dresses, or opening my own concert with a hairbrush in hand. 

4. Is there any beauty/style tips that you just don't believe?
There are quite a few tips that I hear and scoff at how ridiculous it sounds. But naturally, none really sticks out at the moment? I'll come back and edit this answer to a responsible answer when I next come across a tip that just makes me want to roll my eyes. 

5. Where do you see you and your blog in 2 years time?
Have I said how horrible a planner I am? That said, I'm a great dreamer. I definitely hope that I'll still be blogging two years from now and some people will still want to read it. As to where I see myself? Keeping it simple, I hope I'll be happy. I don't know where I'll be, what I'll be doing, who I'll be spending my days with, but I hope I'll be happy and I hope I'll love myself. 

6. How often do you spend reading other people's blogs?
I think it's safe to say I spend most of my waking hours on the internet or in front of the computer. (I know, unhealthy and I should go outside more.) I think it's safe to say that I spend a couple of hours on other people's blogs - blogs that I'm following, blogs that people leave their link to, and blogs that I randomly come across. I love to read and if I haven't read yours before, leave me a comment! 

7. Name one blogger whose blog theme/layout you really love!
Essiebutton. Well, her vlogs and youtube videos are ones that I love. Her upbeat personality is like you're listening to a friend and I really hope to meet her one day! I feel like she could be your best friend. 
Blogs wise, I really like A Beautiful Mess. This blog is one of the first ones I started following years ago and I just love the handwritten edits and the photographs that they take. 

8. Have you found any of your HG products yet?
Not yet. There are some that are almost HG quality but I'm still hesitant on crowning it. It's annoying and exciting at the same time. You get to try out new products, in hope that you'll find something amazing; but at the same time, you get frustrated at the money spent and the annoyed at how you just wanted to find that one product that would make you go wow and feel like you ate the most beautiful chocolate cake without absorbing any of the calories. I mean, is it too much to ask for???
Has anyone found any HG products yet? If so, let me know what they are!

9. We all have one scent that we hate, what's yours?
I absolutely loathe the smell of raw almonds! I love almonds, but only after they've been toasted. I don't know if it's an asian thing, but they make a drink out of raw almonds and the smell of the thing is just unbearable. I can't really describe it but I always get a headache when it comes within smelling distance. 

10. What's more important: Makeup? Hair? Or fashion?
The last question just couldn't be an easy one? 
Hair has been something that I've been dealing with the longest and while I do think it's important, makeup and fashion are equally important. Nothing has to be fancy dandy, it can be simple, but when done right, it instantly makes you look pulled together and there's nothing bad about that. You can have impecable hair and makeup, you'll still look sloppy if you're wearing an old, oversized t-shirt that's meant to be pjs. The same goes with hair and makeup. So I guess in my opinion, all three are equally important. 

The 10 people I nominate are:
Zoe from Caribbean Flower
Ashley from Actually Ash
Lillian from Parisian To Be
Meagan from With A Side of Beauty
Rebecca from Ze Makeup
Amina from Oh Just One More
Kallie from But First, Coffee
Charlotte from crooked teeth
Telina from Love, Telina
Ash from Rambles of a Beauty Addict 

The 10 they have to answer: 
1. What are your three summer essentials?
2. What would be your dream pet: an unicorn, a dragon, or a griffin?
3. What's your favorite book and how has it changed you?
4. When was the last time you laughed so hard, your stomach hurt?
5. What are the three favorite things you have in your room?
6. Name five people that you want to have dinner with and why. They can be dead or alive, fictional or real. 
7. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
8. What are the words you live by?
9. If you had the chance, what advice would you give to your 13-year-old self?
10. You're a rockstar, what song would you sing at your concert?

All these girls have amazing blogs so remember to check them out! 

Follow on Bloglovin

20 comments