May Favorites 2013

1.6.13

May always flies by for me. 
My birthday is in May and exciting things always seem to call up a meeting and decide to show up in May all together instead of evenly spreading out across the year. 
I've been testing out a few products this month and have yet to finish the pile that I bought when I was in America. But that said, I've been keeping quite a simple routine with a few product swaps this month  so this month's favorites are things that I've been using quite religiously the past month.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 20 Sand
I think my hunt for an amazing concealer has ended. Now I'm regretting why I didn't grab an extra tube of this before leaving America. This is one of those dual-functions concealers that I can use on both under eyes and on the face, which is always a plus in my book. I'll be doing a full review on this gem soon!
Urban Decay Naked Basics (WOS & Naked 2)
I knew I was going to be getting a lot of use out of this palette when I bought it and right enough, it has been the go-to look for me the past couple of weeks. I was testing out the color tattoos when I was on vacation but when school life started again, I needed something a lot more natural. I like to use WOS (or it's full name, Walk of Shame) all over the lid and then apply Naked 2 in my crease. I think this combination is one that makes people start wondering if you're wearing makeup or not because they don't remember your eyes being so defined, but at the same time, there's no eyeshadow there???? 
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude
I've been wearing pretty simple makeup the past few weeks but no matter how minimal, I always like to apply this to my lower waterline. Even if I'm not wearing any other makeup that day. The nude color cancels out the redness in the waterline and manages to brighten the yellow in my eye, giving that bright look everyone craves for.
NYX Cream Blush in Rose Petal 
Again, one of those WHY DID I ONLY GET ONE products from my America haul. This cream blush is seriously amazing, I'm hating myself for not grabbing more colors. I haven't tried a lot of cream blushes to compare them against but boy oh boy are these amazing! They're quite pigmented so I like to use Sonia Kashuk's duo fibre brush with it. Rose Petal gives a lovely natural flush that looks like it's coming from within. The only thing I don't like about this is the flimsy packaging, but seeing that it's such an inexpensive product, I can't really complain when the stuff inside is amazing.
Body Shop's Body Butter in Strawberry
Is it just me that gets really itchy around this time of year? I think it's the change of seasons and the rain season. But I've been religiously applying this body butter the past month and wow. I don't think this product needs a lot of introduction since it's one of those products that everyone loves but I just want to say, my favorite thing about this is that there's still a faint strawberry scent lingering the morning after I apply this. It's not as strong as the Victoria Secret body lotions (which used to be my all time favorite), but the tint it leaves behind, when combined with my White Citrus perfume, smells like a refreshing fruit punch, perfect for the upcoming heat.
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
I'm doing a review on this soon so I won't go into details here. I just have to say, this has been a skin-saver for me! 
Garnier Sleek & Shine Anti-humidity Smoothing Milk
I bought this a couple of years ago and totally forgot about it until I was cleaning through my things a few months back. Like I said, it's entering rain season where I live and my hair gets quite frizzy in the humidity. But the "fruit micro-waxes" (whatever that means) in this soothing milk seals out the humidity without weighing down my hair. Plus, it has a really nice fruity smell (are you sensing that I have a thing for things that smell like fruits?)
Marc Anthony Perfect Curl Cream
My wavy hair tends to fall limp when it starts entering rain season so I like to mix this with the Soothing Milk and apply it to my hair from the ears down. It's quite hydrating even if I don't use the soothing milk with it and when I wake up the next day, the waves still hold and look quite natural.

Have you ever tried any of these products? Let me know your thoughts and what were your may favorites in the comments! 

2 comments