What's in My Travel Makeup Bag?

3.5.13

I always like to read other people's "What's in my bag" posts, it's like having a Peeping Tom Agreement...ish. It's those times when you can let your inner stalker fly free and no one will judge you. 
Plus, the posts always give you inspiration on what to bring (the what not to bring part usually is screened right out of my head). 

So I'm signing my peeping Tom agreement with you and sharing what I'll be bringing for my week-long trip! 




Face

Benefit the POREfessional
poreless, mattifying with a light tint to it. Really need I say more?

Benefit That Gal Brightening Face Primer
Okay, a lot of you are probably thinking "REALLY? TWO PRIMERS?" and I'll admit, I was hesitant on if I should bring two primers. But I'm indecisive when it comes to packing and I'd rather over-pack than under-pack. After a 16-hour flight, one simply does not walk out with radient, super-model skin; in fact, I'm pretty sure one (cough, me, cough) would walk out looking like an extra from The Walking Dead (just without all the wound makeup) - hence, enter the face brightening. If you can't grow it, at least fake it. 

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Medium Ivory 
I was thinking of bringing the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum at first but my skin is quite spotty at the moment so with the medium-full coverage, this would be my most reasonable choice. Plus, this is an amazing foundation!

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach
Undereye circles. Those pesky things that come out to play when you're trying to overcome jet lag. The  corrector helps brighten the under eye area like no other and helps fake the "I got ten hours sleep" look.

Bobbi Brown Concealer Kit in Light Beige 
I know this was meant for under the eyes but it creases like it's high on meth...unless I set it immediately. But this works great on blemishes and spots since it's highly pigmented and quite creamy.

Bourjois Concealer Stick in 51
My under eye concealer. It's not as full coverage as I'd like but it's easy to throw around and isn't a hassle to apply.


Eyes

Benefit Creaseless Shadow in My Two Cents
I have the mini version that came with the World Neutrals palette. It's a beautiful bronze-y gold that adds some definition to the eyes. It is shimmery, but not BAM IN YOUR FACE shimmery. It's absolutely gorgeous and so easy to work with. 

Maybelline Master Liner 
Tightlining, it's the way to go. And the quickest way I know how to do my eyeliner.

MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Stubborn Brown
For lining my lower lash line. This pencil doesn't smudge even in the hot humid summer.  

A brown-ish eyebrow pencil
I seriously cannot remember where I got this pencil from. And it's been used so much the packaging is looking sad. The color is a tad too light but it has a spoolie on the end and it does it's job.

Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara
Volume, definition, doesn't clump up and it's waterproof - need I say more? 


Lips

Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm
You know you're going to get cracked lips...

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
Simple every day color. And it's in the chubby stick which means you don't have to bring an extra brush.

Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum
For the times when you need a bit of a flare. 


Tools
Sigma F80

Sigma F86
This brush is amazing when you really want to reach into the corners of your eyes or around the nose. What I love about this brush is although it's tapered, it holds it's shape quite well even after months of usage and washing. 

Bobbi Brown Powder Brush
The tapered end allows me to use the end to set my under eye concealer, while the big fluffy whole can use to set my foundation. 

MAC 217
I can't justify why I'm bringing this brush since I haven't brought any eye shadow products with me. But I just have a feeling that I'll be needing it. 

MAC 231
Again, another brush I'm not sure why I'm bringing it, but I think I might be using it. And it's a really small brush...it's not like it's taking up huge space in my makeup bag. (Yes, I am rationalizing this) 

Eyelash Curler
One must always curl their lashes...

(I know I have the Bobbi Brown Eye Blender brush pictured, but I later decided against bringing it)


I didn't bring any cheek products with me and that's because the only blush I have at the moment is Bobbi Brown's Pink Peony and I'm not loving it at the moment. Plus, I'm sure I'll be buying some during my stay there (I'm not even going to pretend that I won't be splurging at ULTA, Sephora or the drugstore). 

The problem with buying a huge makeup bag is that you keep wanting to fill it up. I downsized this three times to limit myself to these products. My fingers kept itching to pack more make up, but I know that I won't be using most of the products. Plus, if you fill it up now, how are you supposed to pack the new stuff? ;)

Leave a comment to let me know what are your travel makeup essentials!  

0 comments