Star Trek Movie Date! (FOTD #1)

27.5.13

I finally got around to watching Star Trek into Darkness! I had been wanting to watch this movie ever since the confirmation of casting Benedict Cumberbatch as the villan. I could go on and on about this movie but I'll tuck away my geek for now.
I'm not crazy enough to cosplay for the movies but I wanted to somehow incorporate the movie into my look (is it weird that I already have my look for Catching Fire all planned out?)

 (Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Foundation 2.5 / Benefit boi-ing concealer 02 / Rimmel Stay Matte / Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten / UD Naked Basics / Maybelline Master Drama / Wet n Wild Blue Had Me At Hello/ NYX blush in Terra Cotta / Revlon Lip Butter in 95 Macroon)

I've briefly mentioned my love-hate relationship with this foundation and I'm still struggling. I think I have these feelings for it because it was my first foundation - like the creepy clown doll that's already falling apart but you still love it because it was your first toy (seriously though, I don't know why my parents thought it would be smart to give their firstborn a serial-killer-looking clown as the child's first plushie. A teddy bear would've been nice???) 

I was psyched to finally use my WnW palette. I've been lusting to use it since I bought it because the colors are amazingly gorgeous. But since most of the time I stick to neutrals, I didn't really have a chance to dig into the gorgeous hues. But since the poster for the movie had a lot of blues, I had a legit reason to use it. I initially just started out by applying the Aqua eyelid color on my lower lash line but I wanted to add more dimension and used the crease color towards the outer end. I used my MAC 231 and the color payoff is amazing. I only went through my lower lash line a couple of times to get this color intensity. 
Next time, I would probably line my upper lash line with these blues as well to pull balance out the upper and lower lash line. 
(Naked Basics: Naked 2 in crease, Faint in outer corner; WnW: crease color on outer half of lower lash line, eyelid color on middle of lower lash line)

0 comments