USA Beauty Haul (Ulta & Sephora)

17.5.13

So I was a bit more reserved at Ulta/Sephora compared to the drugstore but I think it's safe to say that the dent wasn't any smaller. I actually had to go back to both Ulta and Sephora to return items because I just couldn't justify spending so much money for things I wasn't sure I'd like...




tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in tipsy & dollface 
I've heard amazing things about this blush and really wanted to try this out. I wasn't so sure about Tipsy since it looks so bright in the pan but the MUA at Sephora tried it on me and I was completely sold! It's a fun spring pop of color for spring. Dollface, on the other hand is a more everyday blush that'll be great for year-round. It's a pretty soft pink that really does look like a porcelain doll's cheeks.

Urban Decay Naked Basics
I'm a sucker for matte neutral shades that can be for everyday wear. Plus with UD's reputation for great shadows, I knew I needed to have this. 

Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten
I think I'm on a cream rage lately with the cream blushes and cream eyeshadows. I think this will be a simple everyday base or to wear alone during the spring/summer.

Orly Nail Polish in Lemonade
When I wear yellows, I usually look like I have liver failure. I think it's because I'm already quite yellow-toned? But when I saw this color on the shelf, it instantly reminded me of the buttery yellow sun and it just made me so happy I had to have it! Plus, the name of the polish was another happy source. And quite surprisingly, this doesn't make my skin look like I have liver failure and I'm always happy when I glance at the nail colors.

butter London in Kerfuffle
I don't have a lot of pinks in my nail polish collection but I've always wanted to try out butter London polishes and this color looked like a gorgeous spring color. It's a nice soft salmon pink that I'm sure I'll be wearing a lot. 


Mini Versions
I know these mini versions are more expensive when you compare the value to the full sizes but I usually pick these up when I'm waiting in line for the cashier. Seriously, I'm a huge sucker for the mini versions at the checkout line. Plus I think that these mini versions are a great way to try out a product I don't know if I'll like without shelling out the money. I tend to pick up mini versions of products that I tend to use more slowly because I hate to waste money on things I'll never be able to finish before the expiration date. 

Urban Decay All Nighter makeup setting spray
I've been wanting to try this out and see if it'll help prevent my makeup from melting in the hot, humid summer weather we have here. 

Becca Beach Tint in Fig & Watermelon
I initially wanted to try the highlighter after hearing Lisa Eldridge rave about it for the longest time but I couldn't bring myself to shell out the money. But then I saw the try out pack of the two mini tints and with the cream/liquid products hype I've been on lately, I added this into my bag.


Benefit They're Real Mascara & Watt's Up!
I actually got this as my birthday present from Sephora. I've wanted to try out these two products for a while now so that's great. 

Philosophy Purity one-step facial cleanser
I have gone through two of these 3 oz versions but I never shell out to buy the full version because this usually can last me around a year or so. I usually use a makeup remover water to remove all my makeup before cleansing so I only use Purity when I'm wearing more makeup or when I feel like I haven't completely removed all my makeup with the remover.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance
This was actually exchanged with my beauty insider points.

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
Also exchanged with my beauty insider points. The SA recommended this to me when I had trouble picking out the second thing for the points. 

Anastasia Clear Brow Gel & Mini Tweezers
I was actually wanting to get the tweezerman tweezers but I just could not justify spending $20 on tweezers. So when I saw the mini brow kit when I was (again) in the checkout line, I immediately added this into my bag. I've already tried out the tweezers and I can definitely see the difference between drugstore tweezers and more high-end tweezers.


So what are your must haves when you splurge at Sephora or Ulta? 

0 comments