USA Beauty Haul - Drugstore Edition

14.5.13

So I may have gone a bit crazy and made a dent in my wallet during the week I was in Minnesota...
This was taken I think, the third day in the trip? 
For some reason, the lighting wasn't perfect...when it was perfectly sunny outside.

Face
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 160 Fresh Beige
I've been looking for a good summer foundation and the SA at ULTA recommended UD's Naked Foundation but already spending heaps of money, I just couldn't get myself to buy that one. And hearing some people say that Revlon's Nearly Naked is a dupe and having great reviews, I spent a good 15 minutes eyeballing which shade was right for me. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder
I'm so excited to try this out after hearing great reviews on this!

 Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 20 Sand (not pictured)
This was picked up the last day when we made an emergency run to Target. Spent another good 10, 15 minutes in front of the stand eyeballing which shade I was. 


So this is where I got a little crazy...

Eyes
Maybelline One by One Waterproof Mascara
After hearing Sineady Cady (TheMakeupChair) rave about this mascara and learning that it might be discontinued, I was quite surprised to find it in Target so naturally, off the shelf it went.

Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof Mascara
Everyone's raving about this. Of course I had to get it.

Maybelline The Mega Plush Volumn' Express Mascara
I cannot resist mascaras that claim to boost volume. Plus the brush looked plump and huge and right up my alley. I haven't tried it out yet so I can't comment on it.

Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara
I've heard this is the covergirl version for Maybelline's Rocket Mascara. Only when I ripped open the packaging did I realize that I grabbed the brown mascara instead of the usual black I go for. But so far, I like the results. It doesn't clump and the brown gives it a softer look than black.

Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara (not pictured)
My eyebrows don't need much grooming most of the time but they tend to get untidy as hours pass so a clear mascara (which I've never seen here) seems like the solution.

So I went a bit crazy with my mascara haul but hello! They're mascaras! If one hauls, one simply does not leave out mascaras. 

Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude
Remember to make sure that the cap for your eyeliner is on tight. Otherwise not only will you get eyeliner chunks all over your makeup, you'll also have to sharpen the first part without even getting to use it before....
Yes, I learned that the hard way.

NYX eyeliner in 12 Azure
How beautiful is this blue? Seriously, it's so vibrant and fun! I can't wait to wear it and see how it holds in the heat. 

Maybelline Color Tattoos in Bad to the Bronze, Pomegranate Pink & Tough as Taupe
After hearing the people in Europe and America rave about this for the longest time, I finally got my hands on these babies! So far I've tried out Bad to the Bronze and Pomegranate Pink. BttB is amazing and enough for everyday use. I'm already regretting not picking up a second one. Pomegranate Pink is an beautiful dark-ish, slightly dusty pink but the pigmentation isn't as great as BttB. It is buildable though.

Wet n Wild eyeshadow palettes in Comfort Zone, Blue Had Me at Hello & Petal Pusher
I've been wanting these for the longest time! I didn't see any of the trios at the drugstore so I picked up the three eight palettes that I could find. I've only swatched Comfort Zone and sweet baby bunnies! My first impression is the hype is definitely worth it! The color that wowed me the most was the definer color on the right side, it's a blue/brown metallic color that'll change colors depending on the angle you look at it. Kinda like the holographic trend that's been going on these years.




Cheeks

Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in 100 Pinched
I was quite skeptic about this color at first but this and another hot pink were the last ones on the shelf and after hearing great things about this cream blush, I had to have one of them from the collection, so into the bag it went. I've already worn it once and the color turns out to be quite pretty and a natural flush, which is always good in my book. 

NYX Blush in Dusty Rose & Terra Cotta
These NYX blushes are definitely popular! There were only a few of them left in the third store that I visited. Snatched them up before the next person could steal them.

NYX Cream Blush in Rose Petal
I was wanting to get Boho Chic but this was the last one left. But the color looked gorgeous and I've heard great things about these cream blushes.


Lips
Eos Lip Blam in Pomegranate Raspberry
I'm not a big lip products person and wasn't really planning on buying anything since I had my sturdy Rose-Mint lip blam, but Eos has been on the hype and it's pomegranate raspberry so I had to get it when I was waiting in the checkout line at Target (damn those checkout line products!)

Nails
Revlon Colorstay in 110 Marmalade
We have the colorstay nail polish line here but I was grabbing things off the shelves and this color looked gorgeous so it made it's way into the haul

Essie in Barbados Blue & Bikini So Teeny
I never realized how similar these two colors were until I photographed them side by side...

Hair
TRESemme Heat Protectant Spray
Believe it or not, I've never actually seen any heat protectant sprays in the drugstores here. I don't normally style my hair with heat much, but I figured this would be good to protect my hair from the summer heat.


So what do you guys pick up at drugstores? Is there anything that I missed out on?

0 comments