[Updated] Exam days...YUCK

18.5.13

Hello, fellow students! 
My finals don't come till the end of June but since it's finals season in parts of the world, I thought I'd share my updated exam season makeup routine. I did one half a year ago, but that routine has changed quite a bit since then.
My friend once asked me why I took the time to put on my makeup if I was already sleep deprived and busy with studying. The reason is simple, it's the same reason as to why I wouldn't wear sweats to class/exams. Because if you look put together, you'll feel put together. Mind tricks. Works (almost) every time. (I say almost because don't try pulling two all nighters in a row....the results aren't pretty)

Products Used
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 52
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Sand
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in 02
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent
A brown-ish eyebrow pencil
Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude
Maybelline One by One in Waterproof
Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains in Honey 
As you can see, I still have a bit of redness showing but I'm only showing up for an exam, not a blind date! On those days I feel like I need a bit more pick-me-up, I use Stila's smudge pot in Kitten to add a bit of shimmer on my eyes. But that's about it.

A few pointers...
Skip foundation if you don't need it. If it's quicker for you to just use concealer, then do that.
If you need foundation, then pick one that's easy to work with and basically fail-proof.
If your classrooms blast the AC like they're trying to build their own winter wonderland, then chances are, you can skip the primer since the heat outside won't be melting off your makeup.
You can also use a highlighting concealer for undereyes to up the bright, awake look.
A nude eyeliner in the lower waterline can instantly brighten up the eyes.


Outfit Ideas
I like to wear dresses because they're so easy - you only have to choose one piece and you're done.
The second outfit is a more simplified version of what I normally wear. I like to have a "uniform outfit", the outfit that you turn to when you're in a hurry/in a rut. For me, it's the PWT+denim shorts.
As for shoes, I usually stick to my trusty all-stars since there have been times when I've had to dash from this exam to another exam. 
I always like to keep a cardigan and scarf in my bag. They don't take much space and are always in handy when the room starts to get too cold. 
Since most my classrooms don't have a clock and phones are banned during exams, I keep the habit of wearing a watch to keep track of how much time i have left.   



To those that have finished their exams, congrats! Enjoy your summer! 
To those that are still struggling, You're almost done!
To those that haven't yet started struggling, UGH, I'm with you! 

0 comments