April Beauty Favorites 2013

30.4.13

I feel like I should do a scheduled series. Otherwise I'll probably be procrastinating on blogging...like everything else in life.

So loving Favorites series on youtube, I decided that this would be the one. Plus, it gives me a chance to go through my ever-growing makeup collection.

Laura Mercier Silk Crรจme Foundation in Medium Ivory
After hearing so many good reviews on this foundation, I finally went to the counter a couple of months ago to see it in person. I was a bit skeptic at first with the creamy texture and how the MUA caked it on when he demonstrated it, but as the impulsive buyer I am, I still bought it and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. It's medium-full coverage and doesn't cake up easily (I'm still perplexed as how the MUA had the ability to cake this foundation when he was demonstrating...) and quite surprisingly, it doesn't feel heavy on my face and lasts quite a long time.

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Turquoise
I also picked this baby up during the same trip. It's meant to be an eye shadow but I applying this as a lower lash line color using my MAC 231. It's gorgeous for the spring to add a pop of color without being overbearing.
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach
I love this corrector and it's so easy to apply with fingers. But I think the shade might be a tad dark for me, I'll probably pick this up in light peach when I run out. Despite that, it's still great and brightening and nothing an undereye concealer can't fix!

Smith's Minted Rose Lip Blam
As previously mentioned, I'm not the biggest fan of lip products but boy oh boy am I loving this. I think it's safe to say that this has taken the spot that was previously Maybelline's Baby Lips' in my makeup bag. Hydrating, refreshing, 22 grams of product; this little baby is here to stay

Ecotools Bronzing Brush
This was one of the first brushes I bought when I started my makeup collection last year. It was fat and cute, and I bought it off the internet. I didn't realize just how fat it was until I saw the thing. After a few weeks, the brush started making it's way to the back of my stash - it was simply too big for bronzer and too dense to apply finishing powder with. For months, it sat there, forgotten. Until a couple weeks ago, I needed to apply my foundation and my regular F80 was still drying so I grabbed for this brush (not the most sanitary move, seeing that it was collecting dust for a while) and sweet baby cupcakes! This brush, compared to the F80, has a lighter application and sheers out the foundation a bit. For me, this is the brush for everyday foundation application while the F80 is more for when you need a bit more coverage.

Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush
Does this still need introduction? Wildly loved among beauty youtubers and bloggers, I thought this brush would be hard to wash when I first purchased it, but boy oh boy was I wrong. I've heard some people with smaller faces (more delicate features?) complain that the brush is too large for them, but I love it. Maybe I just have a bigger face???

MAC 217
I never really bothered with eyeshadows before but after since I bought this brush, I've been enjoying applying a simple base color with a darker crease color for when my eyes need a little more definition.

Nicole by O.P.I in Alex by the Books
I had been searching for this polish high and low after seeing the nail swatch for this in the stores a few weeks ago before finally getting it on my hands (pun intended!) last week. I'm still placing this in my April Favorites cuz it's been on my nails since I got it and it's definitely a favorite.

Let me know in the comments what are your April Favorites!

0 comments