a really creamy lipstick i actually really like.

2.11.15

I like lipsticks that have a bit of a grip when you apply it. I'm not a fan of creamy lipsticks that apply without resistance. Why? Because I'm lazy. And I also like a bold lip. The two combined means that I want my lipstick to stay put with minimal touch ups throughout the day. This usually rules out the creamy offerings as, while comfortable and moisturising, are also prone to smooshing around and fading away. However, I've been completely and utterly smitten with the Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipsticks (€3.99) the past several months.
The formula of these drugstore lipsticks are insane and easily comparable with higher end offerings. I would say they're most similar to MAC Cremesheen finishes, but even better. First of all, they feel a lot lighter on the lips while packing a tonne of pigmentation. I only need one layer to achieve full on colour. There's a slight sheen finish that's not unusual to creamy lipsticks. These are a moisturising lipstick so unless my lips are comparable to the Sahara, I can usually throw this on sans lip balm treatment. They don't slip and slide - which admittedly, I rarely experience. This lipstick does transfer so blot before drinking coffee. But while it does transfer, it doesn't smudge all over the place unless you're smooshing your lips with someone else's lips doing anything aggressive, like eating a burger - aka: remove that lipstick before diving into that juicy beef-bread goodness. It lasts around 3-4 hours, fades evenly, and leaves a faint stain behind. 
There is a slight sweet smell to it, but it's not that strong nor does it linger so we're cool. The packing is simple and nothing to write home about. It does look quite sleek, especially for the price point. It's nice how the shade colour is indicated with a matching coloured sticker on the bottom of the tube. It makes it much easier than for example, trying to find a specific MAC lipstick.* I really like the engraving at the side of the bullet as well. It's the small details. 
I only have two shades from the line: Pinkadilly Circus - a mid-toned warm pink (I was wearing it here), and In a Rosegarden - a soft rose shade (wearing it here). I've been limited in expanding the shade range as they're not easily available in the UK, but apparently you can get Catrice here. I've never personally bought from them before, but they were recommended by the Catrice official website and offer shipping within the EU. 
The Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipsticks are easily one of my favourite lipstick formulas, especially for days when I'm not particularly feeling like a matte lipstick. Definitely one to keep an eye out for, even if you're like me and usually shy away from creamy lipsticks. At under €4, this lipstick falls under the 'I'd buy at least 80% of the line' category. Totally reasonable. Have you tried these lipsticks before? 
With Love, 
Daphne x


*I really really like MAC lipsticks, but I have some issues with their packaging, alright? It's a slightly complicated love/hate thing. 

0 comments