an essence haul.

18.11.15



It's rare I go batshit crazy buying a small reserve of products from a brand that I've barely tried before. However, it happened when I stumbled upon an Essence stand some weeks back. Um, hello? The most expensive thing still cost less than a sandwich so how could I not?? I also did not know that you could now get this brand in Taiwan.

I've only heard good things about the Essence Lipliners and priced at £1, I might have grabbed more than I needed. I initially only wanted to get 15 Honey Berry, a berry shade that has a tinge more purple. But like I said, I'm not one to turn down a good bargain and also picked up 06 Satin Mauve - a dusty mauve (duh) - and 07 Cute Pink - a doll-like pink. I'm still testing these out so I can't give a full review on them just yet. But so far, the colours are beautiful. 

Staying on the page of lip products, it wouldn't be a Daphne lost control again haul without buying a couple of lipsticks. The Essence Longlasting Lipsticks (£2.30) caught my eye as they seemed to be the only pigmented line as the others ran more sheer. I have the shades 07 Natural Beauty - a mauvey pink that has already taken up residence in my handbag, and 14 Adorable Matt - a pink-toned red that reminds me of a creamy version of MAC All Fired Up. Both of these have cream finishes and last about 2-3 hours on my lips, will transfer when it comes to coffee sipping but will leave behind a slight stain. 

Last but not least, having been previously pleasantly surprised with their mascaras before, I also picked up the Essence I Heart Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara (£2.80). I've heard a lot of good things about this one, plus the fact that it's actually affordable will bump this mascara top of my drugstore 'must try' list if this lives up to the claim. I'm impatiently tapping my fingers, counting down to the day I finish up a mascara so I can finally test the Essence offering out. 

With the drugstore prices inching up to match mid-level brands, it's nice to see some brands still offering good quality products that really won't break the bank. Have you tried anything from Essence? What do you recommend from this affordable brand? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

where to buy in Taiwan: essence Taiwan and selected Watsons

0 comments