one for the waterline.

9.11.15

Nothing stays on my waterline. Even when I go over it with a cotton bud before applying eyeliner, I'll be lucky if the product stays on for more than half an hour. The only thing that worked was gel liner, but I'm not the biggest fan of applying gel liner to my waterline as the application process tends to irritate my eyes. I'd pretty much given up on the smoldering dark waterline look until the day I dug out the Stila Smudge Stick in Damsel (£13). 

I had tossed this to the side when I first got it as I thought it was just, well, too much, for a normal eyeliner. It was too smudgy, too imprecise, and too creamy. Fast forward some months and cue me exasperatedly tossing aside yet another waterproof eyeliner that only managed to stay on my waterline for half an hour. I pulled out Damsel from my collection, hoping that it would help my distress cuz no man can help me with this trouble. I didn't have much hopes for this but I was proved wrong starting the moment of application. It went on so smoothly, without any tugging, and I didn't have to keep going back and forth to get the impact I wanted. It didn't dry out my waterline nor irritate me eyes. But most importantly, I checked the mirror half an hour later and THE COLOUR WAS STILL THERE. There wasn't any smudging, and fading was kept to a minimum. I rechecked my watch a couple times to make sure that a solid thirty minutes have passed before allowing myself to have some kind of hope. There was noticeable fading around the 2/3 hour mark but the eyeliner managed to hold on for another hour before completely disappearing from the waterline. There was some smudging on the lower lash line, but it kinda just looked like a smokey lower lash line. Nothing I can't deal with. 

So if you're like me and seem to have a waterline that repels just about every eyeliner on the market, I'd say go and try committing to the Stila Smudge Stick - they're pretty awesome. Do you also have a very watery waterline? What's your go-to liner?
 
With Love, 
Daphne x

Where to purchase in Taiwan: feelunique

0 comments