(almost) empties #3

4.11.15

It's been a while since I did an empties post. I've finished up some products during the time but I only remember I should've kept the trash after I throw it out. I've been good this time around. Well, mostly because I desperately tried to finish up the last bits of several makeup offerings so I could shed some weight from my already overweight luggage. 

I've loved the Trilogy Rosehip Oil (£26.50) for a good year now and if I had unlimited luggage allowance, I would stock pile five bottles of this back to Taiwan. It's a good thing that I've found a website that does international shipping for the Trilogy offering. This does wonders for my skin, calming down hideous breakouts and ensuring that there aren't any dry patches. I mixed the last drops of this with my summer moisturiser to carry through the transitional weather. Which reminds me, I also finished up the La Roche Posay Effaclar (£15.50) the morning I had to leave for my flight. It's a lightweight moisturiser I like to wear during the day under foundation, or mixed in with an oil for the evening. I've gone through three tubes of this stuff - it's that good. 

Now to the real exciting bits - makeup. Yes, look at all the makeup bits I finished. Be proud of me. Let's get the controversial one out of the way. I was more than happy to scrape the last bits of the NARS Creamy Concealer (£22) as I just didn't enjoy it. Does it have good coverage? Yeah. But that's about where my rave for it ends. It's by no means a bad concealer - it just doesn't live up to the hype surrounding it. I use it for my under eye area, which isn't a particularly dry area. The mousse-y texture of this concealer tends to emphasise the lines I didn't even know I had. The only way I find that this works for me is when I mix it with a more liquidy offering - like the Maybelline Fit Me or the Rimmel Wake Me Up - and apply with a damp sponge. I've tried it on spots as well, and again, it just doesn't work. All in all, I'm not entirely convinced by the price tag and hype around this concealer. 

The Bobbi Brown Concealer Kit (£24.50) has been around since I started my blogging days and it's definitely seen better days. There's still a couple of uses left in this little kit, but it's a concealer I either love or really dislike. I've been using it the last days in London and of course I was in my love phase. I was a bit sad to say goodbye to the last bits of this but between the completely shattered powder, the pathetic amount of product left, and my desperate attempt at ruthlessly getting rid of things I didn't need (it didn't work out so well), I ended up saying goodbye to this little one. Will I be repurchasing this in the future? Maybe, but for the time being, I'm happy with testing out some other offerings. 

I really enjoyed the Benefit Gimmie Brow (£18.50), even after I found a really good drugstore alternative. What I really enjoyed the most from this small tube that doesn't seem like much is how much colour it adds to my brows while still looking natural. I have naturally dark brows, but the Benefit brow gel deepens the colour and 'fluffs' it up as well - all the while, the brown in the gel keeps the two hair caterpillars looking dramatically natural. Which, if you've read a post or two from SoaD know that I'm all about that low-key drama. This might be one that I'll repurchase in the future.

Last but not least, I love the Collection Fast Stroke Liquid Liner (£2.99). I love it so much, I stock piled the offering like there was no tomorrow. To be fair, you can't get Collection in Taiwan and my sister has been looking for a good liquid liner for a while now. So really, buying five of these back to Taiwan wasn't excessive at all. I did a whole review on it here, but in all, this is the liquid liner you need if you're looking for a black liner that won't smudge. The only fall back is that this is a traditional ink-pot type liquid liner, meaning it won't be as easy as a pen liquid liner to master, but a bit of practice and well, I don't think I've messed up a flick with this before. I would recommend wiping off the excess ink on the side of the pot before you go straight in, also do your best to not blink the first ten seconds of application. It sounds fussy, but it's really not that fussy. Plus, the end results are worth it. 

Can you believe it, four makeup products and there's no mascara? I know, it's crazy. I can't remember the last time I finished a clutter of products before. I also finished up some shaving creams, shampoo conditioners, body washes, and that boring stuff I didn't think was interesting enough to include. It's quite satisfying to see these (almost) empty products go to the bin - at least I've accomplished one thing in life. Have you finished up any products lately? 


With Love, 
Daphne x

Previously on: Empties #1 | #2

0 comments