October favourites 2015.

30.10.15

It's weird looking at this photo as it was one of the last photos I took in London, and now I'm at the airport counting down to the 18-hour flight that will take me back to where I spent 12 years of my life. October was the perfect ending to my two-year London chapter. Well, other than the first week when I had phenomena the cough from hell. Jaye and I spent an insane amount of time together, determined to make the best of being in the same time zone; I've also had a massive clearout of my wardrobe and makeup, leaving only the gems packed in boxes for the continental move. 

I've fallen back in love with the Trilogy Rosehip Oil (£26.50) the past month and am glad to say that I've marked the end of my London chapter the same time I finished this oil. I mix this in with my summer moisturiser - the La Roche Posay Effaclar - and not only does it provide enough moisturisation for the gradually drying weather, it also calms my skin and prevents moving-stress-induced breakouts. 

My skin has been looking a lot better, especially in photos. While I can credit some of it to my skin not freaking out every other day, I'd say the Bourjois Java Rice Powder (£9.99) is the real hero here. Initially only used for setting my under eye area, I got lazy one day and decided to use it all over my face. That's when the 'OHMYGOSHYOURSKIN' comments started coming in. It's a brightening powder that instantly adds a soft halo-like radiance boost. I mean, who doesn't like that? The design of the packaging makes this one loose powder that I'm willing to travel with and repurchase again and again. 

I dedicated a whole post about the Catrice Eyebrow Set and L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper (£5.99) combo. In a nutshell, when the ashy-toned powder and the best tinted brow gel on the market come together, it's only natural that you get beautiful defined but natural brows. Plus, both offers are friendly on the purse and wouldn't result in instant noodles for the rest of the week when purchased.
 

Most of my makeup has been kept quite simple but it doesn't mean that I haven't been getting fun with it. October was the month when I faced the music and counted just how many lipsticks I own. Too many, if you're wondering. It's also the month where I've been buying lipsticks like I have all the money in the world. Hey - admitting is only the first step. It doesn't mean I'm ready to deal with my problem yet. I've fallen head over heels, to hell and back again for MAC Flat Out Fabulous (£15.50). I never knew I needed a bright pinky-purple lipstick until the day I swatched this and well, the rest is history. I even dedicated a whole post to this lipstick, that's how hard I've fallen for this unique shade. 

Another bold shade that's been adding some drama into my looks is MAC All Fired Up (£15.50). A pinky-red shade, this is one that I know will never fail me no matter how bad/yucky I feel. It's a retro matte finish, meaning that it will stay put on the lips even if a tad bit drying. It's a shade that wears well in all seasons, and even though a bright shade, it's just muted enough for it to be wearable during the day. 

There are days when I prefer a more neutral shade. That's where the Maybelline Velvet Beige (£6.99) comes in. As the name suggests, it's a beigey shade, but there's just enough pink and brown in there to make it wearable. This isn't as long lasting as the previous two offerings, meaning that it's a lot more forgiving on the lips. The formula of the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks are extraordinary, and I would easily say that they're probably one of the best on the market - no matter what price point. 

Last but not least, how could I not mention Jaye's Style Diary? No, it's not because of my extraordinary filming skills. Well, not just. Jaye has impeccable style, the perfect balance of girly, casual, and cool. And her legs, oh her legs. They just go on forever and she really knows how to dress up that point. Her editing skills is the cherry on top to it all and basically, what I'm trying to say is, go watch the video if you haven't already. 

Okay, that's it folks. My plane is calling for boarding and I'm signing off now. What have you been loving the past month? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

0 comments