the budget brow duo.

20.10.15

I love good eyebrows and by that I mean full, bushy brows that make people wonder if you were born with them or if you cheated with makeup. My brows are naturally quite full, with some sparse areas here and there - so it's quite easy for me to make them look overdone. However, I've recently come across two products that not only are easy on the purse, they're also the perfect to getting that low-key drama.

I will always have a soft spot for filling my brows in with powder as it was the first method I used that didn't result in me hating the results. Although my hair colour is on the neutral tottering into the warm spectrum, I like to keep my brows on the ashy side - which unfortunately seems to be a field that the drugstore has yet to master. That is until the Catrice Eyebrow Set came into my life. Complete with two eyebrow shades that are both on the ashy side, it comes with a tweezer and a tiny double sided brush. The brush actually works pretty well, it's thin and firm enough to hold it's shape but soft enough to be flexible. The tweezers on the other hand, let's just say that they require a lot of hand muscle to operate. 

I've been having a continuous love affair with the Benefit Gimmie Brow, but the bond we had wasn't strong enough to stop me from wondering if there was anything better out there. I decided to pick up the L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper (£5.99) and dare I say it, I'm pretty sure I like this one more than the high end offering. The price, the quantity, and most importantly, the stop thingy that removes the excess product from the wand when you pull it out from the tube works a lot better than the offering from Benefit. It does a great job at keeping my bushy brows in place while the fibres add some volume to keep things looking defined but natural. So while I like the tiny wand from Benefit better, but everything else makes me love the drugstore offering more. 

I've been indulging in a lot of high end products lately, but this duo has reminded me that you don't need to spend a tonne of money for good products. What are your favourite brow products when you're on a budget?  

With Love, 
Daphne x

0 comments