keep an eye out for: theBalm

6.10.15

If there's one thing that can always get my attention, it's puns - bad puns, good puns, just puns in general. There's a high chance I'll find it hilarious no matter how bad it is. In the worst case, you'll at least earn an eye roll combined with an exaggerated sigh. Along the note of puns (and not the bad ones) theBalm was a brand that I came to for clever puns but stayed for the quality of the products. I was lucky enough to be invited to the launch of theBalm at Debenhams last month and got a sneak peek at some of the products set to release around Christmas to early next year. Spoiler alert: save up, people. It's going to take a tremendous amount of willpower to reject these launches.


One of the first things that caught my attention was the 'In theBalm of Your Hand' palette. That pun and the tag line - who says you can't have it all? Sign me up as I'm all yours. Gathering some of the best shades from various different palettes, this contains my favourite Hot Mama Blush and of course, the Mary-Lou Manizer. I've also grown to really love the taupe Insane Jane eyeshadow and pink-beige nude Caramel lip/cheek stain. Rumored to release around Christmas season, this is one to add onto your shopping list - whether for yourself or for, you know, other people. 

The next one was probably the one that I was most excited for after seeing it creep up a couple times on instagram. Home to the three divine highlighting products that no one seems to be able to get enough of, the Manizer Sisters Palette is one that just about everyone should add to their collection. While labelled as highlighters, all three shades are multi-taskers and can be used also as eyeshadows. Actually, I prefer Betty-Lou as an eyeshadow rather than a cheek product as it tends to pull really warm and slightly orange on me. That doesn't stop it from being a gorgeous golden-bronze eyeshadow though. This one is set to release early 2016, so while it's going to take some time, it's one that's worth the wait. 

These are both packaged in their trademark slim cardboard packaging, and quite frankly, I think I prefer it over metal/plastic casings. I'm pretty sure that theBalm secretly crushes angel wings into their products to make them insanely soft, which means they're also quite fragile and prone to crumbling. The cardboard packaging absorbs the shock from all the bumps and drops, making it perfect for those of us that are more clumsy. Both these palettes are also equipped with large mirrors, making them both travel friendly. 

theBalm is one of those brands where you either get the concept or you don't. Creating a balance between female empowerment and sexuality, the quality of the products are beyond amazing. If it's a brand that you're yet to get into, then might I suggest both of these palettes as a well, gateway drug? 

Have you tried theBalm before? What's your favourite product from the brand, or what is it you would like to try? 

With Love, 
Daphne x

2 comments