the little things #1

29.6.14

I think it's too easy to get stuck in the search for the next milestone and forget to slow down every day life to realize the rainbow in a bubble, or the perfect daisy besides the road. I'm starting to make habit of carrying around a notebook and writing down the little things. I thought that I'd share some of the ones that I have so far. 
- when someone taller than you puts your hat on for you
- receiving a handwritten letter through post 
- writing in a perfect horizontal line on a blank sheet of unlined paper
- completely using up a pen right at the end of a page
- a batch of perfectly shaped cookies 
- when someone remembers the little detail you once mentioned in passing 
- waking up with a perfect bedhead 
- getting the cat flick liner even in one go 
- not needing to pee right after painting your nails 
- reading an exam question and being able to immediately framework it with all the references jotted down
- when someone taller walks in front of you to block the wind
-falling asleep immediately and waking up refreshed

Do you keep a list of the little things? If so, I'd love to know what's on it! 
post signature

13 comments