let's go to italy

25.6.14

As this post goes up, I'll probably be enjoying the sun by the pool while counting down the hours to sangaria hour. I'm off to Sardinia for a week with friends to unwind from school stress and just relax. While I'm not going to be putting on much makeup (if any!) during the day, I still have a small collection of products for a day's exploration in the cities or a night out. 

The Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF30 (£7.21) is the only sunscreen I like to use for my face as it doesn't have that coconut sunscreen smell and it does try upon application. The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimizer (£7.50) has been my love for the past several weeks and it's only done my skin good, so also chucking that in there. As it is going to be hot, I'm going with the Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation ($36) (review) as a base with the Make Up For Ever Full Coverage Waterproof Concealer ($32) used to cover up the blemish scars. As a precaution and simply because I always bring it when I travel, the Bobbi Brown Concealer (£18.50) is definitely going into the bag as well.

For brows, I'm taking the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade (£15) to ensure that I'll have eyebrows, even when underwater as this is marketed to be waterproof. I'm keeping the eye makeup simple for once. I've been practicing the cat flick lately so only bringing the L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim (£6.99) paired with the Maybelline the Rocket Waterproof Mascara (£7.99) should be suffice. To keep the classic cat flick in place, the NARS Pro Prime (£19.50) is also tucked in the clear case.     

I said I was keeping the makeup bag capsule, but just in case, I have a lip colour for every occasion packed. The Revlon Colourburst Balm Stain in Rendezvous (£7.99) and The Body Shop Colour Crush Shine Lipstick in 18 Sunset Romance (£10) for sheer day-out lip choices. But for the night outs that we might have, the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl (£18) is a bold red lip colour that I've been loving the past couple weeks. To be used as a lip/cheek duo, the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Calypso Coral (£19) is also tucked in there in case I'm tired of the three lip options I brought. 

I'm keeping the tools simple, only bringing along my Sephora Mineral Powder Brush ($24), Louise Young Angled Brow Brush (£9), and of course, the Shu Uermura Eyelash Curlers (£20) for simple application. 

Chances are, I'm not going to be using most of this makeup, but as it's not too much, I think it shouldn't have too much impact on my luggage weight limit. Are you out for vacation? What are your picks? 
post signature

24 comments