do i really need it all?

20.6.14

As someone that runs a beauty blog, I have my larger than normal makeup collection. I would always get excited with the new releases, and would be that person who would go into the shops for toothpaste and come out with two bags while still forgetting the essentials. 

However, the past month or so, I've started to get less excited about makeup. Or rather, purchasing makeup. Going through my collection, I'm pulling out items that I've only used a handful of times since having it in my possession. It's the initial rush of a sparkling new product, but as the hype wears off, I find myself going back to the tried and loved old favourites. 

Which brings me back to the title, do I really need it all? Do I need this much? Sure, I need my options and my choices, but do I need to get excited and rush out to buy every new release because Oooh, it's so pretty! or BUT MUST.HAVE.IT.ALL. Do I need to have a dozen eyeliners and backups of my a foundation I really like? Do I need to buy two more new lipsticks when I've never finished one?

Maybe this is just a phase, or maybe it's me becoming more reasonable. Because let's face it, no one needs a dozen foundations at the same time. 
post signature

32 comments