currently loving #11

22.6.14

I've been on vacation for a week now and it's definitely been activity packed. It's been beautiful the past couple of days and I'm definitely switching up my makeup to meet the change in the weather. I don't understand why people say London is gloomy, I've been experiencing quite a bit of sun the past month. Or maybe I just had really low expectations? 

I'm very blemish prone, I don't think I can remember the last time I had a clear face. But it's always especially bad when that time of the month comes hand in hand with exam session. I picked up The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimizer (£7.50) on a whim some weeks back. I'm not a person to put on primer every day as I'm just too lazy to do that, but that has changed since purchasing this. I'm not sure about the pore minimizer, but I love this as it creates a barrier between my makeup and skin. My skin is always less irritated at the end of the day when I use this compared to the lazy 'let's skip a step' kinda day.

Although post-exams, I still have to battle the residual dark circles. No matter which concealer I use, I can always rely on my trusty Bobbi Brown Corrector (£18.50) (review) to counteract the colour and perk up the area. I've had this over a year now and am almost coming to an end - this is one of those products that I won't hesitate to pick up another after the burial of the first one. 

It's no secret that I have a lot of concealers, but with the lighter base that I'm opting for these days, I've only been reaching for the Make Up For Ever Waterproof Full Cover Concealer ($32). A tiny dab and several pats later, the tiny red planet I had on the side of my nose is just another skin coloured bump. At least it won't look like I have a third red eye in the flash photos. 

Last but not least, MAC See Sheer (£15) (swatch & review) is a summer favourite for everyday wear. It's also been my permanent handbag resident for weeks. It's gorgeous, adds some coral colour while still sheer and hydrating. It's colourful enough to pull together a look but not so much that you could still wear it with a simple just mascara look and look natural.

I'm trying to find things to do for the rest of my summer vacation before I go back to Taiwan mid-July. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, let me know! What have you been loving lately? 
post signature

18 comments