[the hijack] SUMMER BLUSHIN’ 
(ALL CAPS NEEDED, 4 DRAMA)

13.6.14

Another day, another hijack. I'm sure you guys are not unfamiliar with Vanessa either. Dubbed 'Crazy Blush Lady' by yours truly, she's staying true to name and picking out the best picks to tint your cheeks for the upcoming months. Now I'll stop rambling and give the stage to her. -Daphne x



I hate summer with the intensity of a thousand suns. Welp, cat's out of the bag. The constant sweating, skin roasting and constant need for air conditioning would make anyone (namely me) go insane. PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN 364 DAYS OF HOT WEATHER, HOW????? On the upside though, with summer comes ice cream and popsicles and a whole new slew of summer blush colours and textures to sport. WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE.


This summer, for the most part, I'll be ditching my powders for my cream, gel and liquid blushes. Ever swatch a cream/gel/liquid blush and regret that decision because you can't scrub it off fast enough? They are practically perfect when you're sweating half your face off, I swear.


Anyways, here are some of my favourite blush shades and formulas for summer.


By far one of the most talked products on C&GB are the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges. THEY ARE AMAZING AND I CAN'T HELP IT. These double as cheek and lip products, and I have to say, they actually perform well as both. Dab onto the cheeks for a slightly dewy finish, and on the lips for a matching lightweight wash of colour. Pictured above are Calypso Coral and Hibiscus, two very summer appropriate shades.


The Josie Maran Cheek Gelee (Poppy Paradise) is a new addition to my stash, because I wanted to try another gel blush after my disappointment with Tarte's Cheek Stains (which I actually shipped off to Daph and Jaye). THESE DO NOT DISAPPOINT. They are sheer and lightweight, but you can get pretty decent pigmentation after two layers, and they last on my oily face all day despite the heat and humidity. Plus, the slightly squishy texture is fun to play with.


Not sure if you can still get these, but the 1D MUA blushes are pretty stellar for the price. Pigmented and matte, Coral Cutie is a no-brainer melon shade for summer.


Unfortunately, I haven't found a liquid blush I like yet, but I'm keen on trying the Daniel Sandler watercolour blushes! (Any liquid blush recommendations?)


If creams, gels, and liquids just aren't you thing, well, make it your thing there's always a slew of powder blushes to choose from! I have a tendency to reach for peach and orange shades in the summer, and two faves include Milani's Luminoso and NARS' Final Cut. Luminoso was basically on my face most of last summer, and since it's glowy, I can skip the highlighter with this one. Final Cut is a matte muted orange, but NARS' Gilda also pretty similar for those interested. 

For pinks, NYX's Summer Peach (duh!), Benefit's Coralista, and Tarte's True Love are absolute beauts. Coralista is on the lighter side though, and I'm a bit wary of it being unable to show up on darker skin tones, but SERIOUSLY, LOOK AT THE SWATCHES BELOW AND TELL ME YOU CAN RESIST ONE OF THOSE PINKS.

L-R: BB Hibiscus; JM Cheek Gelee [Poppy Paradise]; 1D MUA [Coral Cutie]; NARS [Final Cut]; NYX [Summer Peach]; Milani [Luminoso]; Benefit [Coralista]; Tarte [True Love]

__________________________________________________________________________



Which blushes will you be slapping on this summer? ʘ‿ʘ

22 comments