July Favorites 2013

31.7.13

July has been good to me. I'm almost sad that it's over. My internship is going great, if not stressful. I've pushed myself to be more social than I usually am and have met quite a few new friends. I've also had the opportunity to take part in two world records, and actually witness the establishment of a new one (The Most People Applying Facial Masks - this one was actually quite interesting! If you guys want to read about it, let me know!). I had a very important someone help me rediscover a part of myself that I thought was long gone. I had boy troubles. I had great times with friends. And of course, I fell in love with several beauty products. 
I've been quite creative with my makeup the past month, pushing myself to change at least one thing from my makeup routine. The longest record I've set for myself is three weeks without repeating the same makeup look. It's the little changes, the colors you use, the way you apply eyeliner, if you apply eyeliner. But a little tweak gets the fuel pumping. So I think it's really fun to challenge yourself to reach for new products and jump out of your rut every now and then. 
Sorry for the long ramble, I just had a really good month. But now, without further ado, let's get on to the actual products! 
L'Oreal UV Perfect Longlasting Icy UV Protector with SPF30+
Till about a month before, I was not a huge fan of sunscreen. I'm still not sure that I like them, as most of them have a disgusting fake coconut smell and feel incredibly heavy and greasy on the skin. But with the sun shining and UV rays destroying my skin like it's no one's business, I felt like I should bust out the sunscreen. I'm glad I found this one, it's still slightly greasy, but it absorbs into the skin quite fast. And it doesn't have that disgusting fake coconut smell. What's more is that it does feel cooler on the skin, perfect for summer heat, and it has a slight green tint to it. Sunscreen and a corrector, I'd say it's more than great for a drugstore sunscreen.
Bourjois Radiance Revealed Healthy Mix
It's no secret that I love this foundation. (read my review here) And with summer around, this is THE everyday foundation. I don't usually use this with a primer on a daily basis and only use the setting spray/powder to top it off. It's lasting power does leave quite a bit to be desired, but it's enough to use on a daily basis. Plus, it's one of those no-fail foundations that blends effortlessly, perfect for those lazy summer mornings. Or a quick base for when you're running late for the bus because you hit the snooze button a few too many times. 
Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
I'm more hesitant to use powder during summer months because I have the irrational fear that my sweat will combine with the powder and start becoming dough clumps. So when the heat comes out to play, so does this setting spray. I usually use around 3-4 sprays, depending on how well my aim is that day. It dries off pretty quickly and I don't know about all nighter, but I'm assuming if it can hold up for my 10-hour work days, it's pretty true to its name.
Organix Ever Radiant Coconut Milk Cucumber Anti-Puff Eye Cream
I got this from my swap with Kallie and I freaking love this thing. You'll find a more detailed review in the post, but all you that have access to this brand and need a great cooling, anti-puffiness eyegel, go get this! 
Benefit World Famous Neutrals
I already had a love affair with the mini Creaseless Cream shadows from this set, but the past month, I fell in love with the shadows from this kit. Not only are the shadows beautifully pigmented, they're extremely creamy and stay put all day long. 
ezfun Gel Liner in Brown
I've been having a love affair with gel liners the past month. I would always waver away from anything that wasn't a pencil liner or eyeshadow in the past. But then something clicked in me and I dug out this gel liner I've had for years (clearly, I'm amazing at following expiration dates) and to my surprise, not only was this liner still creamy and fresh, it was amazingly simple to apply with my MAC 231. It doesn't smudge much after a long day, a bit of transfer and if I flick it out, a bit of fading. But nothing too bad for a little pot I got for less than 4 dollars in a random store. 
Maybelline One By One Mascara in Waterproof
This is the mascara I've been reaching for almost every day of the month. It's one that can build up volume like it's no one's business and not clumping. I'd say that it's the dramatic version of Covergirl's Clump Crusher (it could just be because I have the CC in brown and this in black) The waterproof formula does mean that it's more annoying to take off in the evening, but if it doesn't smudge half way through the day, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy
I've been loving orange-y corals this year and Tipsy is probably the Godess of them all. It's highly pigmenanted, long-lasting and a lot goes a long way. I've been using this quite a bit over the past couple of months but it still looks brand new. 
theBalm Hot Mama! Blush
Another swap product I got from Kallie that has been put to a lot of use. I have a love/hate relationship with the small travel size version - it's small enough so you can just throw it in your bag and carry it everywhere. But it's also so small, it sometimes gets lost in my cluttered bag/desk. This golden peachy blush is absolutely gorgeous for that healthy, spunky glow!
LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub
I've been wearing a lot more lip products lately and this scrub is helping my lips look less peeling and more healthy/fresh.Yes, this is essentially sugar and you could totally make your own without needing to spend the money, but I just really like the bubblegum flavor! I usually end up eating half this stuff whenever I use it, but I think I'm controlling myself to eat less and less each time...hopefully. 
MAC Coral Bliss
How could my first MAC lipstick not make way into my favorites? I did a review and a FOTD with this lipstick a while back and you all seemed to quite like this as well. It's a pinky coral that's perfect for the summer! While it is a creamsheen finish, it doesn't feel that heavy on the skin. The staying power is pretty great, I have to touch up about 5 hours in, but by then I'm usually just sheering it out with lipbalm over the top to hydrate, since this will have a slight drying effect on my lips. 
Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish Green Fizz
Last but not least, this little guy! Greens and blues are colors I gravitate towards when it comes to nail polishes. Green Fizz is a beautiful neon pastel green, it's basically a sweetheart with a wild side. I love this line of polishes from Bourjois and I'm completely in love with their summer collection!I did a guest post for A Scottish Lass on this and another from Bourjois Summer Collection several days back, you can check it out here.

July has been a pretty good month overall. Of course, I've had my stumbles and falls, but I'd say I had more rainbows than storms. Tomorrow's the first day of August. Kinda makes me a bit nervous that I've used all my luck in July. So, August be good to me. 
How was your month? Did you have any favorites? 

Don't forget to enter my 100 follower giveaway here

Follow on Bloglovin

29 comments