The Liebster Blog Awards 2.0

11.7.13

Hello hello, my lovelies! I want to thank all of your support to help me keep this blog up and running! I love reading all the comments and tweets you guys send my way!
Without you guys, it would not have been possible for me to be nominated, once again, for the Liebster Award. This time, I had the honor to be nominated by Ellie from Little Red, Bre from Silverpassionista, Mehj from Beauty Brownies, Methilde from Parisian Fairytale, and Emma Victoria from Anchors Away Beauty. Definitely swing by their blogs and give them lots of love, if you haven't yet already!

So on with the show!

Rules:
1. You must link the blogger who nominated you

 2. You must answer the ten questions given to you by your nominee
3. You must choose ten bloggers to be nominated for the award 
4. You must then come up with ten questions you would like your nominees to answer.  Once you have done this you must go to their blogs and let your nominees know you have nominated them!

[Note] Since I'm collecting 5 nominations in one post and a lot of the questions are similar or the same, I'm going to pick three from each person so this post doesn't get too long. 


Ellie's
What inspired you to start blogging?
I've had this blog for quite a while but what pushed me to really start taking it seriously a month back was I knew I was going to be applying for my internship and wanted to brush up on my writing skills. And at the time, I had gotten into makeup for quite a while but had no one to ramble to. So when I first started this blog, I didn't think anyone would want to read the scattered thoughts of a 22 year old makeup novice, but now, I've met amazing people and I can't imagine not running this blog. 
Where would you love to travel most in the world?
I really want to go to the South Pole. It's almost undiscovered land! I mean, there are scientists based there, yeah, but there's something mysterious and sacred about the huge chunk of ice down below! And you get to see penguins! 
What do you enjoy most about blogging?
The people. I was quite the hermit when I first started blogging, but first through comments and then later, via twitter, I've met some amazing people that I hate are half a world away. If you're new to the blogger world or is a hermit like I used to be, don't be scared to step out and send me or other bloggers a tweet! I haven't yet met an unpleasant blogger! It's seriously a land of unicorns and magic. I mean, we blog about pretty things! 


Bre's
Favorite TV show?
Um...I watch an embarrassing amount of TV shows so if you had me to pick one show...that'd be impossible. Doctor Who, Sherlock, Hannibal, Criminal Minds, SVU, The Big Bang Theory....I could go on and on but let's just leave it here. 
Dream date?
I was never one of those girls that dreamt of their perfect wedding. I was never a girl that dreamt the perfect date, either. I mean, I'd have snippets of how a good date would go, but I'm not the person that can plan a date from start to beginning. Mostly because I'll get distracted halfway through by my own mind and end up ten thousand miles away.
Where would your dream summer vacation be?
I really want to go back to the week I had in the Maldives last year - sun, sand, beach, open bar, great food, amazing people, diving, dolphin watching. It was as close to heaven as you could get!
How do you not fall in love when this is the view you get from the back porch? 
Mehj's
Dresses or blouse?
A year ago, I would've said no to dresses. But in the past year, I've fallen head over heels for dresses! They're just so easy and look ridiculously cute when you pick the right one!
But blouses have always been a soft spot for me. I just can't resist a cute peasant blouse, or a slightly oversized flowy blouse!
Siblings? If yes, how many?
I have a younger brother and sister. I'm closer in age with my brother and because of that, we're able to talk about almost everything. I'm always the first in the family to know if he has problems or what's going on in his life. Plus, we were thick as thieves when my baby sister was just born and hogging my parent's attention.
My sister used to be on the other side of the wall, but as she's growing up, we're getting a lot closer. We're quite different in matter of opinion and sometimes we just can't see eye to eye, but at the end of the day, no matter how huge a fight we just had, we're able to laugh at each other and be sisters.
Which top 5 items would you take on a deserted island?
Water and sunscreen for obvious reasons.
Trail Mix because saying food would be too general and cheating.
A plane and a pilot. That was so not cheating. I could totally bring these "things" if I knew I was going to be stranded on a deserted island beforehand. (Okay, maybe I was cheating a bit)



Mathilde's
Flats or heels ?
Definitely flats.  I'm a Converse All Stars kinda girl. No joke. I live in those shoes at least four days a week. And because of old injuries that resulted from too much gymnastics, ice skating and ballet, and too little warm up as a kid, I have a weak ankle and have yet to train my tenants to be strong enough to stand the stress that comes from wearing heels. 
9) do you prefer shopping on the internet or shopping on the street?
I think it depends. Most of the time, I like to shop in the stores as I like to know the quality of the product I'm going to buy, or for clothes, to try them on and feel them between my fingers. But if I'm repurchasing something, I don't mind buying online. As it saves time and I won't have to leave the house. Plus, because I can't actually try out the things, I'm less likely to spend extra money. 
11) how would you describe your style?
My style depends on my mood. But in general, there's usually a clash of styles going on while keeping things simple. Like I could be wearing a very boho peasant blouse with a beaded necklace, but then I'd pair it with combat boots to toughen up the look. Or when I'm wearing a flowy sundress, I like to wear my Converse All Stars to balance out the girlyness.
I like to keep the basics simple and then use accessories to create a clash and unique look.



Emma Victoria's
What is one thing you could never live without?
Air.
Okay, was that cheating? It was a serious answer though. But if we're talking about things other than that my body needs to sustain, then I guess it would be my family. My family, like all the other families out there, drive me nuts and crazy and mad sometimes. But at the end of the day, they're people I love and laugh and poke fun at. 
8. What is your favourite, book, tv programme and film?

Favorite book would probably be the Harry Potter series. Technically, it's a series but you can't just isolate one book! That's like tearing away a limb from someone.
TV program, hands down Doctor Who. I'm a self-proclaimed geek as I've mentioned before so this shouldn't come as a surprise. I'm also obsessed with Sherlock and Hannibal at the moment.
Film, this one's harder but I really like 27 Dresses. And The Help. And The Hunger Games. And Les Mis. 
9. If you had to live in any time period (apart from the modern day) what would you pick?

The future. I want to see where technology takes us and the worlds we discover. The species we meet and the knowledge that we gain.
I nominate:


My questions are:
1. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
2. What are your top 3 lipsticks?
3. Cupcakes or cakes?
4. If you could raid anyone's closet, who would it be?
5. When did you start using makeup regularly and what was the first piece you picked up?
6. Do the people in your life know that you own a blog?
7. If you could hop on a plane and spend 24 hours in another city, which would it be and why?
8. What are your favorite blog posts to read?
9. If you were to make a movie of your life, who would you want to play your love interest, and who to play your best friend?
10. If you had to, which would you rather be - a rock, or a bucket?

Again, I want to thank Red/Ellie, Bre, Mehj, Mathilde, and Emma Victoria for nominating me! Sorry, I couldn't answer all 40 questions but I handpicked the best of each! Definitely check out all the blogs 

Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments