With a touch of coral (FOTD#2)

2.7.13


So some of you might know that I've just started my internship and it's stressing me out while being really satisfying. Day One was quite scary, as the first days always are. So I wanted to go in prepared for Day Two and use a bit more color to boost the mood. 
I wanted to keep the rest of the face quite bare as the lips were my main point. So a light base, three concealers (because I'm a concealer freak) and a light dusting of powder. I used a cream blush first to give it a glow from within natural flush before topping it with a pop of my favorite blush of the moment (which strangely doesn't quite show up in the photo below). I kept the eyes simple: using WOS as a base color and Naked 2+Faint in the crease, a nude eyeliner in the waterline to brighten up the dull sullen eyes, and finished with a few coats of Maybelline One by One in Waterprood. I used Faint+Crave to fill in my eyebrows before sealing them in with some clear brow gel.
That out of the way, I finally came to the part I was looking forward to! I really wanted to use my new MAC lipstick in Coral Bliss. But it was more pink than I was feeling so I layered Revlon JBKBS in Rendezvous over it and created the coral color I was craving! It definitely helped my mood and made me feel like I could conquer all! 
Now, as I mentioned before, I facepalm 99% at all the selfies I attempt to take. This morning was no exception. Even my hair wasn't behaving well! But I thought the lip color was really really pretty and I just wanted to share! I was initially thinking of just doing a lip photo, but those photos always remind me of tooth paste commercials...So, here's an awkward selfie. Mind the obvious texture of the blemishes, I'm recovering from an old breakout!

As interning progresses, I won't be blogging as frequently as I did last month and it might take longer for me to reply to comments so sorry in advance! 
But on the bright side, look forward to a guest post tomorrow! It's going to be really exciting so remember to check back! 

Products Used: Revlon Nearly Naked | Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer | Bobbi Brown Concealer Kit | Benefit Boi-ing Concealer | Rimmel Stay Matte Powder | Revlon Photoready Cream Blush | Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush | Urban Decay Nearly Naked Palette | Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal | Maybelline One by One waterproof | Maybelline Great Lashes Clear | MAC Coral Bliss | Revlon JBKBS


If you haven't yet, remember to follow me on bloglovin and twitter

Follow on Bloglovin

34 comments