[Collab] Seven For the Rainbow

21.7.13


The best thing about a rainy day is the rainbow that comes after. The Colors of the Rainbow tag has been passed around quite a bit on youtube and has made it’s way to the blogging world. Today, co-hosting with the lovely Megan from Little Miss Average, we’ve joined forces with 5 other girls to make our own rainbow that’ll spread across seven blogs. We’re each in charge of a color and when you’re done reading my five favorite blue products, remember to check out the other six colors!
So without further ado, let’s jump ahead to see what I’ve chosen for the color of the ocean.
Before I actually went through my products, I really wanted to get products used on different parts of the face – e.g. face, lips, cheeks. But alas, blue isn’t a color one would put on their face. Unless you’re guest starring in Avatar, that is.
I got the Wet N Wild Blue Had Me at Hello purely for the eyelid color on the right side. I’m a sucker for a good aqua turquoise, and after searching brand after brand, drugstore to high end, I was more than ecstatic when I found this color in a palette that costs less than a coffee and sandwich. I love using this color as eyeliner, and the excellent pigmentation makes it easy to work with.
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you’ll know my love for Laura Mercier Crème Liner in Canard. I was thinking if I should include this product because it’s more of a blue-green, than an actual blue. But then I thought, there’s a tint of blue and it’s beautiful, so here it is. Whenever I wear this liner, I always feel a bit more mysterious, a bit sexier, while staying fun. It’s not a bright colored liner, but it’s not so dark that you wonder if it’s a tinted black. There’s a real gypsy hue to this liner. The only thing that puts a dent into this product is the lasting time. It starts smudging and will transfer after 5, 6 hours.
Last, Maybelline’s Rocket Mascara. I don’t think anyone’s a stranger to this one after all the hype that’s surrounding it? I tried it, I liked it, but I wasn’t exactly wowed by it. It’s a great mascara that you can build up and I like the stubby brush with the teeny tiny bristles. If there wasn’t a hype surrounding it, I probably would’ve thought it’s a great mascara.
Moroccon Oil has been all the hype these years and with my natural wavy hair that gets dry and poofy all the time, I really wanted to try it but could never justify spending so much on a product I wasn’t sure I’d like. So when I found a much cheaper alternative, I was more than happy. I’ve had this bottle of Argan Oil for about 8 months and it’s a life savor. If I could only have one hair product (besides shampoo and conditioner, of course), this would be it.
The next product, well, I’m not sure if you can get this outside Asia, so if I make this product sound amazing and you have no idea how to get your hands on it, I apologize in advance. It’s a Super Moist Toner with Hyaluronic Acid. Products that contain hyaluronic acid have been the hype here in Asia for years – it hydrates the skin like it’s no one’s business. I’ve been using this product for a couple of years now, and don’t plan on leaving it. Not only is it drugstore cheap, and it’s a huge bottle that’ll last you a good half year or so. It has a thick, almost gel-like consistency. I love using this in the summer almost as a moisturizer, and in the winter, when my skin is drier, I put this on and I can literally feel my skin cells hydrating up. Sometimes I’ll just get a few cotton pads, soak them in this toner and use it as mask. It’s that good. And did I mention it’s drugstore cheap for a huge bottle? Next time you have a friend going to Asia, remember to tell them to pick up a bottle (or three!) for you!
 And a bonus product. It’s nothing beauty related but it’s one of my prized possessions. When my friend went to visit family in America last year, I begged her to bring me back this TARDIS mug. She complained about having to take care of a fragile thing, and how she’d have to protect it like it was her baby cuz she knew I’d kick her butt if there were a scratch on it. But despite the complaints, she still brought it back in one piece for me! Thank you, Annie! I’m a huge whovian (aka Doctor Who fan), and to be able to have Eleven’s TARDIS makes me happier than a baby kitten with a ball of yarn! Any other whovians out there?
There you have it, my top five blue beauty products (and an extra geek out product)! You can’t have the rainbow with just one color, so remember to check out the other six colors! 

While we’re on the collaboration post, I have a fun announcement to make. Megan and I have decided to make collaborations a routine thing. Not only is it fun and blogs can share their audience pool, it’s also a great way to unite bloggers, new or old. So if you’re interested in what we’re doing next, send me an email to peanutbutterandchocolatelife@gmail.com!



Follow on Bloglovin

26 comments