[Review] Benefit Boi-ing Industrial-Strength Concealer

1.7.13

I’ve always loved Benefit’s products, more because of the sentimental and aesthetic reasons. That’s not to say that Benefit doesn’t have great products, it’s just that A) my mom helped me start my makeup collection by buying me several products from Benefit and B) their packaging is just so darn cute!

My most recent product from the brand is the Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer. It’s one I’ve been eyeing for quite a while before I finally bought it. The packaging, compared to the other products from the brand, is much more simple with the black base and clear window to see the product. But you can still tell it’s a Benefit product from the bouncy boi-ing printed on the window.
The concealer itself is a drier consistency and a product that has to be stored upside down. Because of the drier consistency, it doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. I don’t use it under the eyes as it can be both drying and is prone to creasing. It doesn’t do well on acne that’s already flaky and dried up because of medication as it does tend to cling to the flakes like its life depends on it. Also, this concealer tends to dry out the spots that are on the verge of bring too dry. But this does wonders on camouflaging Rudolf’s nose, old acne scarring and spots.
I mostly use this concealer with my fingers as it glides on like a wonder when warmed up. But when dealing with smaller bumps, this is a product that does work better with a smaller brush that can reach every side of the texture. Again, warming up the product on the back of my hand before I go in with a brush.
 It claims to be industrial strength but so far, I'm still hesitant on admitting it does. I get pretty good medium, on the verge of full coverage with one thin layer and can build it up. While I can get it to a fuller coverage, it just isn’t full enough to get the industrial claim.
One of the things I really like about this is you get a lot of product (3.0 g/ 0.1 oz) for the money you’re paying. But the color range is limited to 5 colors, so while people with darker complexion will definitely have a really really hard time finding a match, people in between colors would struggle as well. I’m quite lucky to be a really close match to the 02 shade.
All in all, it’s a good product, but is it a great product?
Let’s just say that the name raises the bar too high.

Have you tried the boi-ing concealer? And is it supposed to be pronounced as BOEING (like the plane) or boiiing (like mimicking a bouncing sound)?

22 comments