USA Beauty Swap

1.8.13

You know how there are certain things you feel like you NEED to do to be part of a group? 
International swaps was always one of those things on my list. I always thought that it would come probably a year later....or at least longer down the road. But Kallie was looking for a swap and I thought, why not? 
So after countless emails going back and forth and a lot of time shopping and waiting, LOOK WHAT FINALLY CAME! I came home to this after a long day at my internship and it was the best "YAY YOU SURVIVED THE DAY" gift ever!
(Don't forget to hop over and see what I got Kallie on her blog here)
This was taken afterwards so her packaging was way prettier than in this photo. I was planning on taking photos as I opened the packaging, but it was way to late when I got home that night so the lighting was horrible, and I really wanted to see what she got me. Hence, the repackaging. 

This is everything she got me. She even included a letter explaining why she picked each and every product. It makes everything a whole lot more amazing knowing that she put so much effort into each and every product. And her penmanship is so darn cute and easy to read! 
Eyes 
Mica Pigment in Earth
I was hesitant about this at first as I'm not big on loose anything. They just get way too messy for my taste. But when I finally got around to trying it out, wow. The color is so beautiful! It's a metallic rose color, and the shine is amazing if you use it with a slightly wetted brush. I can totally see myself branching into more loose pigments because of this. 
NYX Natural eye palette
I wasn't expecting much on this product when I first saw it because of the two really glittery shades. And I love my UD Naked Basics palette. But when I put that aside and started trying this one out, I was wowed by it. First of all, the shadow on the very right is the perfect shade for my eyebrows. And what I like about this palette, is that although it's neutrals, it has more color range than the Naked Basics, and you're able to get a more dramatic natural look with this palette. But I'm not putting my UD palette on the back burner just yet, as the pigmentation and quality of that palette still trumps this one
Physicians Formula Eye Enhancing Shimmer Strips Shadow & Liner
Um...I freaking LOVE this color strip? Not only are the colors amazingly pigmented and creamy, the shimmer in it is beautiful. I always knew that purple made brown eyes pop, but I never knew what POP meant until I used the darkest purple on the right to line my eyes. And WOW. It was just one tiny, thin line, but the difference was incredible! People were saying how pretty my eyes looked the whole day. And the golds and browns can be used to create a beautiful neutral look. It's one palette that's amazingly versatile. 
Lips
ELF Conditioning Lip Balm SPF15
I'm a big fan of lip balms. I have a bunch of them, but I don't have a tinted one. Weird, I know, but that made me all that more excited to see this in the package. Another yummy smelling product that's moisturizing and gives a beautiful tint. The packaging is quite sturdy, if not a bit too bulky. I keep this in one of my bags and my Rose Smith Salve in another, that's how much I like this. 
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beige
I've heard so many things about NYX lip glosses and this color in particular, so I was more than excited to see this in the packaging. I'm not the biggest fan of lip glosses in general because of the bad memories including cheap sparkly glosses from back in middle school. But this one, wow. Not only does it smell yummy, the gloss itself is great. I love wearing this alone on a low maintenance day, or over lipstick on a night out. Plus, there's that cute little cruelty free bunny on the packaging. 

Cheeks
TheBalm Hot Mama blush
I almost didn't see this mini version of the blush in the package. I think it's safe to say that this was the product that surprised me the most! I've been wanting to try things from TheBalm for the longest time and this peachy gold blush was high on the wish list. Kallie mentioned that this was one of her favorite blushes and I can definitely see why. It's heavenly gorgeous! It gives that healthy, fiesty glow that's more than perfect for the Summer! Now I just need to figure out how to get this outside of America...
Milani Baked Blush in Corallina
This was the product I requested. Well, not this specific color, just a Milani blush since I had heard so many raves about it. I was a bit taken aback by how strong the coral was, and of course, I had to really pack it onto my brush the first time I tried it because I don't understand the concept of a little at a time. But although I applied way too much, it was surprisingly easy to blend out and the color is simply gorgeous! The packaging is very cheapy and I'm always careful when handling this, as I don't want it to shatter on me. All in all, I really want to try out the other colors from this line! 
Skincare
Organix Ever Radiant Coconut Milk Cucumber Anti-Puff Eye Cream
This is more a gel than it is a cream, but this surprisingly, is one of my favorites and the thing I've used most in this swap! I love using this every morning! I don't really have puffy eyes, but it's sensationally cooling and instantly wakes up the eye area. What's even better is that the cooling sensation lingers, so it's perfect for summer mornings! The only thing I don't really like about the product is the packaging. You can't really see how much product is left, and the pump dispenses a bit too much product each time. Kallie mentioned she really liked this brand and I'm loving this eye cream/gel, so for those in America looking for a good organic skincare line, definitely check this out! 
Um...can I just say how freaking amazing this swap was? If you haven't been to Kallie's blog before, remember to hop over and give her some love! Have you ever done any international swaps before? 


Follow on Bloglovin

36 comments