The Skincare Tag

30.8.13

So. I was more than hesitant to do this tag because I don't feel like I'm anywhere near boarder line qualified to do anything related to skincare. BUT I was tagged by Zoe and Megan, two very lovely ladies, and I do feel that my skin has been improving quite a bit in the past couple of months, so I'm braving this tag. 

1. Describe your skincare routine in five words.
Too scattered to call routine.
2. What's your skin type?
Acne-prone, combination to oily, semi-sensitive skin.
3. What's your favorite skincare product?
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair hands down. It's basically miracle in a bottle. I have the original version and while it's quite expensive, it's worth every penny and more. When my skin started looking better a couple weeks back, I skimped on this for a week or so, and almost immediately, I could tell the difference. My skin just looked sadder, and duller, and the spots seemed to fade slower. I just started using this a couple months ago, but I can definitely see myself purchasing the new version when I run out.
4. Top blemish zapper?
I haven't found one yet. But I've heard the ones from Origins and La Roche Posey are pretty good? Leave me your recommendations below! 
5. Face wipes... Yay or nay?
Nay. Nay all the way. I tried them out for a while, but they all just irritated my skin, while leaving behind a huge amount of makeup. I turned back to my makeup removers and now swear by using a water-based one to take off all face makeup, and an oil-based one for the eye/lip area. 
6. Toner... Yay or nay?
Yay to the YAY! Toner was actually the first skincare item I was introduced to as I started breaking out and my face was really oily in middle school. My mom thrusted two bottles at me and told me to use them every day to hydrate my skin. I wasn't the most diligent person and used it about once every week. Fast forward several years and I've finally got it through my thick skull that I need to get a skincare regime down. I was still skeptic of the benefits of toner because it seemed like every beauty youtuber would only use moisturizer and not toner. But again, my wonderful mom thrusted a few bottles at me and told me to use them. This time round, I listened and I experimented. A couple months down the road, I've realized that on the days that I use toner, it makes it easier for my skin to absorb everything that comes after. And in the mornings when I use an exfoliating toner, it also creates a smooth base for me to work on. So, in short, YAY TO TONERS!
7. High end skincare or high end makeup?
Can't a girl have both? Ask me a couple months back and I would've told you high end makeup. But now? I'm starting to realize the importance of skincare, so I'd go with high end skincare. 
8. You're in a French pharmacy and can only buy one item, what would it be?
Eek, I'll be honest with you, I'm not all that familiar with the French Pharmacy. In fact, I'm not all that familiar with skincare at all. I know Bioderma is a popular pick, but I think I'd go with something from Nuxe, or La Roche Posey. I don't know, I don't have a clue. 
9. Top skincare tip?
Cleaning your face is the most important step! Thoroughly cleansing is the key to unclog those pores. I know, you've tried thousands of cleansers and the pores are still more backed up than the gutters in a hurricane flood. But I've come to realize that it's not that the cleansers are horrible, it's that we never spend enough time on cleansing our skin. I used to wash my face for less than 30 seconds: I'd lather it up, swoosh it around my face, and then rinse. No wonder my pores were clogged and I was breaking out like it was no one's business. Now after lathering up my cleanser, I count to 100, or sing a song in my head (today, it was the full "Puff the Magic Dragon" on repeat) before I rinse it off. It makes a major difference. Trust me, your skin will thank you. 
Oh, and drink loads of water. Hydrating the body = hydrating the skin. And it'll also flush away the toxins in your system, resulting in a healthy body. 

So how'd I do? I hope it wasn't too bad. Skincare is definitely not in my comfort zone at the moment, but I hope to modify that in the near future. 
Here are the people I tag (who, hopefully, have more idea on skincare than I do)
Lillian from Parisian to Be
Jennifer from Nature With Nurture
Jenn from A Beautiful Zen
Amna from ASQ Generates 
 and you! If you're doing this post, remember to leave me a link or tweet me because I'd very much like to read your take on skincare! 

Have you entered my INTERNATIONAL MAC lipstick giveaway yet?

Follow on Bloglovin

22 comments