[Review] Estee Lauder Double Wear Duo

9.8.13

So here in Taiwan, it's near impossible to get a foundation sample. The only way that you'll be able to get a foundation sample is when they have a event and then the counters will hand out little packets...Oh, did I mention that they only hand out one shade? Anyways, so I had made a list of foundations I really wanted to try out and picked up some samples when I went back to Minnesota early May. Of the half dozen foundation samples I got, the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light stood out the most.After finishing my sample, I finally went out and bought the full size Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. I don't say this lightly, but I think I've just found something that's close to Holy Grail material. 
Coverage is very important for me. But while I love my coverage, I don't like it to feel heavy on the skin. I had a sample of both this and the original Double Wear. Even though the original Double Wear is a full coverage foundation, while the Double Wear light is more of a medium coverage. I find that there isn't a huge difference after I buff it in with my Sigma F80. But the Double Wear Light won over the original with the fact that it felt a lot lighter on the skin. I'm in Intensity 2 and it's almost, if not, the perfect match for me. I have a few medicated acne spots with flaky skin, and this does cling to it a tad bit, but nothing serious. Lisa Eldridge recently featured this in a heat-proof makeup tutorial, and I can vouch for that. 
[For those of you that are sick of me talking about my Guinness World Record Experience, look away now] 
This was my foundation base the weekend that I was working as a translator for the Guinness World Record adjudicator. I was wearing a full pant suit in 30ish degrees. While, to be fair, we were indoors most of the time, I spent a fair share of time sweating like a dog. But after a 15-hour day, my foundation had barely faded. I only had to blot once around the 8-hour mark. I also don't find the need to use powder over this, nor do I need a primer. In fact, this strangely flakes up when used over my Benefit POREfessional. 
Another thing that I really like about this foundation is the packaging. It comes in a tube that's easy to carry around, and the whole design, though looking slightly cheaper than the original, wins in so many more ways. 
I also picked up the Double Wear Concealer, because I ignore the fact that I have more than half a dozen concealers in my collection. That, and I'm a concealer freak. I really like this concealer, like it's foundation counterpart, it has an amazing staying power. And the thick, creamy texture allows it to be used over blemishes and under the eye area. It's also a very fuss free product that has pretty good coverage. 
I don't know if it's because I'm using concealers wrong, those that claim to be full coverage, are never full coverage when I blend them out. Not the Collection 2000 one, not the Benefit Boi-ing, not this one. Don't get me wrong, I really like all the ones that I've mentioned. I'm just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong. Am I not supposed to pat and blend? Please let me know how you apply your concealer! Also, I'm quite interested in trying out the Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage foundation as I've heard that it can double as a concealer, anyone tried it before? 


Have you entered my INTERNATIONAL MAC lipstick giveaway yet?

Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments