Coral Kisses

5.8.13

Ask me a month back, and I'd tell you that the last post I could imagine myself doing was one that only included lip products. I've been on and on about how I'm not a big fan of lip products for so many posts, you guys are probably wondering what the heck is wrong with me. I talked about the story a few posts back when I posted about one of the lippies here, but long story short, one MAC lipstick dragged me into the whirlpool of lip products. 
If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you'll know that I'm a big fan of the fun and spunky corals. And now that I'm venturing into lip products, I've had more chances to play around with the color. So today, I'm going to share with you my top three coral lip products. I've included one that's more of a pink-coral, one that's more a red-coral, and an orange-coral. Okay, one is actually more an orange than coral, but it's fun and spunky and I just really like it. (Also, if you want to know my favorite Coral Blushes, hop over to Megan's blog and check out my guest post here)
MAC Cremesheen Coral Bliss
This was my first ever MAC lipstick (you can read the review here). It's a pinky-coral, so this one is perfect if you're a lover of pinks. Or if you want to venture into the world of corals but not sure where to step. Because of the cremesheen finish, it does feel thicker on the lips, but the color payoff is great. You do need to thoroughly exfoliate before using though, as it does tend to cling to the flaky skin.
Revlon JBKBS in Rendezvous
Okay, this is the more orange one I was talking about. But because of it's sheer formula, it'll look more like an orange-coral when applied. Besides lip balms, this was actually one of the first lip products I bought when I started getting into makeup. It was sitting at the back of my stash for quite a while as I was still shy from brights, and it was mid-winter. But now that summer has rolled around, I've been throwing this in my bag and reaching for it more and more. I'm sure you've already heard a lot about these crayon lip products, but I just love how no-fuss they are. Plus, minty flavors are always a bonus when it comes to summer! 
MAC Lustre See Sheer
One of my most recent purchases but I've fully abused this lipstick ever since I got it. This reddish-coral has a sheer finish that's no-fuss. This is another one of those lipsticks that I just throw in my bag. It's one that I've been reaching for a lot since it's so easy to work with and you don't have to worry if you've thoroughly exfoliated your lips beforehand since it doesn't cling to patches that much. I'll be having a full review of this up soon, so look forward to that. 
(MAC Coral Bliss | Revlon JBKBS Rendezvous | MAC See Sheer)
I just realized the swatches for Coral Bliss and See Sheer look quite similar....they're not. It was the ficky lighting. I apologize..
What are your favorite coral lip products? I've been thinking of venturing into reds, so what's a good lip product to test the waters? 


Have you entered my INTERNATIONAL MAC lipstick giveaway yet?

Follow on Bloglovin

37 comments