Bronze and Corals (FOTD #3)

23.8.13

After the wallet-breaking haul, I've been testing out a lot of my new products and have been sticking to a simple routine for the past week, as it's just one of those weeks where you can't find any motivation. Nothing. Zip. Nada. But I've been really liking this look, simple neutral eye look providing a blank canvas for me to play with lip colors. 
Base
For an everyday base, I'm still sticking to my lovely Bourjois Radiance Revealed Healthy Mix. I know, you guys probably are thinking, again? When are we getting something new? But I just really love this stuff for an every day summer base. Plus, I've sadly passed on my Revlon Nearly Naked to my sister as it's a couple shades too dark for me. Anyway. Most days, I manage to stick to one concealer, but there are days when I've been known to use four different concealer on my face. Just because I don't want any of them to feel left out. To cover up the fickly, angry red blemishes, I usually use the Benefit Boi-ing Concealer, but if the skin around it is a bit flaky, then it's time to bring out Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer. For the under eye area, it's the same old combo, Bobbi Brown Corrector and Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I've rediscovered my love for the Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder and gladly use that to top of my makeup while leaving it with a beautiful glow.
Cheeks
I've been obsessing over the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge this week. Calypso Coral is just so darn pretty and it's so easy to use! I'll have a more detailed review on this coming up soon, so I won't go into a lot of details here. I'll let you know this though, this blush, it's so darn pretty! Ever since I started my love affair with blushes, I seem to just not reach for bronzer anymore. But I'm looking at these photos, and I'm starting to think that I need to pick them up and do some contouring to shape that hamster face I have. Any favorites? 
(I hate how my fingerprints always leave my Bobbi Brown products smudgey..)
Eyes
I've temporarily strayed away from my beloved matte eye look. After applying the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eye Base, I used Woodwinked on the outer corner blended into the crease with Venus from the Naked Basics palette on the whole inner half. It's a simple every day eyeshadow look that gives you a bright eyed look. For lashes, I'm still continuing my love affair with the Maybelline One By One in Waterproof. I was going to take a closer photo of the eyes, but my camera battery threw a temper and died. So next time, maybe? 
Lips
Oh the lips. I never thought I'd had so much fun with lip colors before this summer. Funny how people change. This is the part where I switch up almost every day, rotating between a couple different products. Today (well, it was yesterday, but I won't tell if you don't) I opt for Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey with Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in Jenna. I forgot to put on a lip balm beforehand and was left with really dry lips a couple hours in. Yikes! 

Looking back at this photo...I think I forgot to do my eyebrows. And almost half the products are from Bobbi Brown? I guess that shows my love for the brand (and how I just throw the money in their faces before crying over the huge crater in my wallet). Genuine question: when it comes to posts like these, do you like these paragraph descriptions or just a list of the products? Cuz Lord knows I ramble way too much. 

Have you entered my INTERNATIONAL MAC lipstick giveaway yet?

Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments