in rotation #17

14.12.14

Phew, has the last week been intense. It was deadline week and I was basically worried left and right on the quality of my essay. But that's already handed in and I'm allowing myself a week off before going back to tackle the amount of work I need to finish before the school bells ring again. 

I spent most of the week wearing less makeup than usual, with a quick five minute routine to look less dead - I wasn't even aiming for the higher standard of looking alive. That would be asking too much. 

I've been aiming for an emphasis on the eyes as lip chewing is part of the stress routine for me. I'm falling back in love with eyeshadow crayons - with the Sephora Collection Jumbo Liner in Taupe ($14) being my first love. I haven't tried much from the Sephora own range, but out of the bits I own, I'd definitely say this is an underrated brand. Unsurprisingly so, as it's a treasure cave at any Sephora. Those of you looking for a waterproof, smudge-proof, bulletproof (eh, probably not that claim) eyeshadow that's quick and gorgeous, then definitely go take a look at the Sephora collection. 

I used to be all about tightlining, but never with a black pencil. It was always brown eyeliner. In fact, I think it's been years since I owned a black pencil liner. But I'm bringing out my inner-teenage-gothic years with the Lord & Berry Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Black (£12) to line the upper lash line and waterline before smudging the heck out of it. I definitely prefer black pencils to be on the stiffer side as I would prefer more control over it as opposed to a brown liner. This liner isn't as black as I would like it to be and it also transfers onto my eyelid after several hours of wear, but the good thing is that this is the rare liner that doesn't transfer halfway down my cheek after an hour in the waterline. 

The L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara (£10.99) is an all-time favourite that doesn't need anymore introduction. This is the one that I'll always come back to, no matter how far I wander. Slightly outrageous in terms of drugstore prices, but I'll definitely always be repurchasing this (Preferably when on offer, though). If you want, I did a whole review on it here - do mind the awkward angle shot and the terrible eyebrows though. 

Last but not least, bringing some kind of radiance in the dull days of deadline week - I might have gone overboard with theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer (£16) several times this week. I'd apologize if it wasn't for how glowy and radiant it looked. The only sad thing is that some time during the week, I might have accidentally smashed it. It's not too bad, split into three chunks, but definitely not a travelling companion anymore and should be bubble-wrap treated at all times. 

Next week is going to be a good one - the guys are going to be back in London for graduation and I'll be having a proper frolick around the city for the first time this year. My mind's set on Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, anymore recommendations? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

11 comments