in rotation #16

7.12.14

So, there have been a lot of brighter hues going around the past several weeks as I've been needing that mood-lift to psychologically hypnotize myself I'm not as tired and weared out as I actually feel. It's definitely been working, fake it till you make it. That's my life motto for the time being, babes. 

After having an epic love affair with Exposed, I've decided to pick up where I left off with the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface ($26) and write the next installation of our romance story. One of my first Tarte blushes, I don't think I'll ever truly forget about this, even if there's a constant influx of new blushes. A blue-toned baby doll pink, I always forget how brightening this is until the blue counteracts and perks up the sallowness in my skin. 

I can't get over how amazing the products I picked up in Belgium last month are. I think I might even found a new favourite eyeliner? The Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in 19 Hot Scorch has been a strong contender for the Rimmel liners that I've waxed lyrical about. In fact, I don't think I've touched my Rimmel offering once since getting my stubby paws on the Essence offering. Not needing to sharpen, the gorgeous bronze shade of the eyeliner is perfect on the days when I have to dash and go but still want to have a somewhat defined look. 

It's been several months since I've started my love affair with red lips but all the red lipsticks I own are ridiculously opaque. After being on the search for a sheerer offering that wouldn't break the bank, I finally found my answer with the Catrice Ultimate Shine Gel Colour in 020 Red or Bad. This is sheer enough to wear to school, but can also be built up for a brighter red. I was a bit hesitant with the ultimate shine claim, but it translates to a gorgeous sheen on the lips. This is my first gel formula lipstick, but I am in love. It would be a lie to say that this isn't the most comfortable lip colour to wear, plus, maybe it's the gel formula, it doesn't slip and slide at all. Perfection. 

Last but not least, I've been wearing the only nail polish I brought back from Belgium for the past several weeks. The Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer in 26 Raspberryfields Forever is the easiest way to have that daily dose of colour when I'm living in neutral-coloured outfits for the past period. I will say that the brush isn't the easiest to use as the end bristles seem slightly uneven, and the staying power of the nail polish isn't as good as my favourite Rimmel ones. But it just gives me a reason to take a study break to repaint my nails every several days. 

It would seem that the Belgian drugstore loot was quite successful as I've been swapping a lot of my usual picks out for the newbies. What have you been having love affairs with lately? 
With Love, 
Daphne x

8 comments